Key Numbers

Timothy Jenney

Yes, it is finally that time!

Many of you have asked about Key Number searches, and rightly so, as these tagged texts allow English-only users to access original language resources. This webinar will include a brief primer on the advantage of doing word studies in Greek or Hebrew word instead of English. We'll look at a couple of different key numbering systems supported by Accordance, how to use key numbers in searches, and offer some suggestions for optional resources [modules] that will let you get the most out of your Key Number text.

Thanks for another great webinar. You finally cleared up a long-standing question of mine.

Two items not really related to the webinar:

1. I noticed you had an item in your Search All menu called [All Graphics]. Is that one you made yourself or is it a predetermined one that comes with Accordance? It's not in my menu. If it's a group you defined yourself, what modules did you put in it?

2. I would also be interested in how you organized your Reference Menu. In the webinar we caught a glimpse of your OT Ex. Commentaries. I would be interested in knowing what's in the rest of your groupings. (I know you covered Library organization in a previous webinar, but I don't think you showed you own!)

Thanks again.

Hi, Dan!

Glad I could help. :)

As to your other questions:

1. I love graphics, I guess it's because I'm a teacher at heart. I am always looking for a good visual illustration, whether it's for a Sunday School class, a webinar or a college class. Anyway, I wanted a way to search for pictures all at once, so I grouped the following modules: Photoguide 3, BAS pictures, Holman charts, BAR archive, ESV Study Bible, Bible Art. It makes finding that perfect picture MUCH easier!

2. As to my Library organization (which you see reflected my my Resource palette), it changes with each webinar! As a long time Accordance user, and now an Accordance employee, I've accumulated several hundred modules over the years! It can all be rather overwhelming when I try to present a topic in a webinar. So, I rearrange my Library for each webinar's targeted audience, then toss all the extras into my "Other" subfolders. That way, attendees don't get distracted by a long list of tools or texts.

Increasingly, I am using custom groups under the "Search all" in the Resources palette for my own study [which is where you saw "Graphics" ;)]. I find that I have a lot of tools I rarely use. Some of them came with packages and I just never used them, others worked for me for a time, but I have now replaced them with better sources. I am now [finally!] in a position where I can ignore all these and just go right to the very best stuff. Custom Search groups also don't depend on my current Library Window arrangement, which means I can keep my own favorites close at hand, whatever webinar I'm working on at the moment.

I will say that my favorites are these: Texts: GNT-T, BHS-W4, ESVS, NIV, RSV; Lexicons/Word Studies: NIDOTT, NIDNTT, Louw and Nida; Dictionaries: Anchor, IVP Essentials, ZPEB; Exegetical Commentaries: WBC, NIGTC, EBC, [and, like many others, I am waiting for Hermenia!].

Hope this helps!

Blessings,

Dr. J

When will the Key Number Webinar be available for download. Can't wait to watch it. Thanks for doing these webinars. I am a new user and they are very helpful.

Hey Dr. J.,

I remember somebody requesting your Apocalyptic literature reference list. I wasn't sure if you had made it available for sharing yet, or if you could; but if so, I am also interested in it. Thanks!

Matt McMains

Hey Dr. J.,

I remember somebody requesting your Apocalyptic literature reference list. I wasn't sure if you had made it available for sharing yet, or if you could; but if so, I am also interested in it. Thanks!

Matt McMains

Hey, thanks for the request!

Give me about a week. I need to tweak my references, but have to finish this week's webinar first. I also need to check about the format in which I should make it available.

Archived