Hebrew Inscriptions

Ben S

Hello all. I'm new to this list, Accordance, and Mac, even. I'm buying a Macbook in a few months. I've used Bibleworks and Logos and looked at Accordance a good bit, and no one else has the NW Semitic Inscriptions available. Frankly, I need them :)

I'd like to know

a) if I can get a list of all the inscriptions it currently has?

B) if it will be updated soon (ie. within a year or so), as the teaser suggests, to Aramaic and other inscriptions?

c) How useful is this module if the only other thing if it's the only thing I can afford for the time being? ie., do I need BDB or something in Accordance for it to show up the right parsing and such?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Ben--

a) if I can get a list of all the inscriptions it currently has?

B) if it will be updated soon (ie. within a year or so), as the teaser suggests, to Aramaic and other inscriptions?

FYI, you actually get four modules: one for Hebrew inscriptions, one for Northwest Semitic Inscriptions, and a module of English translations for each.

The Hebrew Inscriptions module includes 1277 lines of text from the following thirty six sites and authors* (i.e., unprovenanced): Amal, Arad, Areni, Aroer, Avigad*, Batash, Beersheba, Beth-shean, Khirbet Beit Lei, Beit Mirsim, En-gedi, Eshtemoa, Gezer, Gibeon, Hazor, Hesi, Ira, Jerusalem, Kuntillet 'Ajrud, Ketef Hinnom, Lachish, Mareshah, Meshash, Mesad Hashavyahu, Moussaieff*, Murabba'at, Naveh*, Ivory Pomegranate, Qasile, el-Qom, Ramat Rahel, Samaria, Siloam, Silwan, Susa, and Uza.

The Northwest Semitic Inscriptions module contains 838 lines of text from 55 inscriptions in Donner and R

Archived