Option to create space or separator in non-contiguous verse listsings

mikes

When I'm working with verse lists or searches of lists of non-contiguous verses, I find myself wishing for some kind of separation between verse sections.

This becomes proportionally more valuable with the size of the list, the number of contiguous verses in the list, and the proximity of the verses (e.g. if you're just leaving out a verse or two in between elements in a list).

Thanks!

Mike

Mike,

Have you tried the Paragraphs with Space and Separate with Space options in the Show Text As submenu of the Display menu? Do these not give you want you want?

Have you tried the Paragraphs with Space and Separate with Space options in the Show Text As submenu of the Display menu? Do these not give you want you want?

I have, the issue remains the same, but on a different cognitive level. With "with Space" everything looks like an independent element without any grouping. With Paragraphs spaced, I find it actually a helpful in some cases and frustrating in others. It works fine for lists that contain only paragraphs, but when I have verses that are in the same paragraph, but with a verse excluded in between, it becomes separated on the same visual cue level as that of a verse that could be in a completely different book. Even with lists of complete paragraphs, the separation between paragraphs that may be separated by 1000s of words have the same visual distance as paragraphs that are contiguous.

As I'm looking at my request, I realize that the request as listed is fulfilled by exactly the feature you mentioned, but what I think I'm looking for is a more subtle cue that hints at the "space" between elements in the list. For example maybe an ellipsis on it's own line for verses in the same chapter, blank line break for verses separated by chapter, solid line for verses separated by books. I don't care so much what the visual cue is, but instead that the "space" is not the same for all kinds of distances. (e.g. shading might also work?) Does that provide a little more clarity?

Archived