Tile Windows on Secondary Display

R. Mansfield

When I'm in my office I regularly use an external monitor along with the screen on my MacBook Pro. I usually have a word processor open on the MBP's screen and Accordance on the external monitor screen.

Whenever I go to tile windows in Accordance, they are moved over to the MBP's screen rather than the external monitor where I had them to begin with. Is there any way to make them tile on the secondary monitor if they are already there to begin with?

When I'm in my office I regularly use an external monitor along with the screen on my MacBook Pro. I usually have a word processor open on the MBP's screen and Accordance on the external monitor screen.

Whenever I go to tile windows in Accordance, they are moved over to the MBP's screen rather than the external monitor where I had them to begin with. Is there any way to make them tile on the secondary monitor if they are already there to begin with?

This may not be the answer you are looking for but.....the way I get around this issue is to change my menu bar to the screen I would like to have display the accordance windows. In...sys pref/displays/arrangement...grab the menu bar and drag it to the screen of your choice. Now go to Accordance and Tile window =Command+I, and Accordance should tile on the screen with the menu bar. This is admittedly a bit long handled but is the only solution I have found to a similar problem. I would love to hear of shorter method.

Tom Wagler

• 3 weeks later...

This may not be the answer you are looking for but.....the way I get around this issue is to change my menu bar to the screen I would like to have display the accordance windows. In...sys pref/displays/arrangement...grab the menu bar and drag it to the screen of your choice. Now go to Accordance and Tile window =Command+I, and Accordance should tile on the screen with the menu bar. This is admittedly a bit long handled but is the only solution I have found to a similar problem. I would love to hear of shorter method.

Tom Wagler

This is a great work around. Thanks for writing it out. I would love to see an option for this as well. Also, the ability to tile windows across multiple screens instead of just one or the other could be useful.

Archived