User Bibles space line

Fabian

Hello

I'm create a new User Bible and I find out, that Accordance make a space line after the <br> tag by show as "single verse".

If I would that then I take ¶.

In the show as Paragraph or Reader Modus it comes correct, without the added space line.

Accordance 10.4.3.2

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fabian, I am sorry for not responding to you earlier.  I cannot reproduce this error.  If I include a
in a user bible, there is always a line break in at the correct location, regardless of Paragraph, Paragraphs With Space, Separate Verses, Separate Verses With Space, or Reading Mode.  If you are able to reproduce the issue, please provide some additional clarification instructions.  Thanks!

Hello Joel

Maybe pics are better.

Pic 1. Preferences set as "Every verse on a single line". You can see here, that after a <br> Accordance add a space line before the next verse, like I had set as " Every verse on a single line with a space line". For me that is false. Here it has not to come a space line.

Pic. 2. Reader Mode. Here it comes correct. 

Pic. 3. Preferences set as "Paragraph with a space line" (like Reader mode). All correct.

Pic. 4. Preferences set as "Single verse with a space line". Here you can see, that after the <br> it has 2 space lines.

What I want to say is: When I only will, that the new verse always comes on a new line, however the text preferences are set. And I make a <br> at the end of the verse before, like in the Psalms, than a space line is wrong.  For poetic forms a <br> at the end of a verse is for me a good solution.

I see now it is written in the Help Files "within a verse" not at the end for the new one. So please add this possibility. In the Reader Mode and when it is set on Paragraph with a space line (maybe without too) it works. A "¶" would be wrong here too.

I'm sure this was more helpful than my first post.

Thanks 

Fabian

post-32723-0-46101600-1433623762_thumb.png

post-32723-0-56438000-1433623807_thumb.png

post-32723-0-51118600-1433623834_thumb.png

post-32723-0-78038100-1433623856_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

Fabian, I think I understand what you are seeing, but I am not reproducing it with a test import here.  Could you send me the source text for the beginning of Psalms in your example?

Yes sure, I have a lot.

You can also go here http://www.causamundi.de/shop/page?p=bible. Thomas Böhme from the Leonberger Bibel was so nice and add an Accordance Version to my request. You can see it there in the Genealogy of Jesus in Matt. 1. 

By me this happens every time if I use the <br> at the end of the line. So that the next verse comes on a new line, by cmd+T, show as "every verse on a single line (with or without a space line)".

It's like the opposite of ¶. The <br> at the end makes a space line in the one cmd+T (the second 2) settings and the ¶ in the other (the first 2). But one the two are surely incorrect.

Psa. 1,1 ¶ <b>DIE PSALMEN</b><br> ERSTES BUCH<br> (Psalm 1 — 41)<br> <i>Glücklich ist der Mann, der nicht im Rat der Bösen gewandelt</i><br> <i>Und nicht auf den Weg der Sünder getreten ist</i><br> <i>Und nicht auf dem Sitz der Spötter gesessen hat,</i><br>

2 <i>Sondern seine Lust hat an dem Gesetz Jehovas</i><br> <i>Und mit gedämpfter Stimme in seinem Gesetz liest Tag und Nacht.</i><br>
3 <i>Und er wird gewiß wie ein Baum werden, gepflanzt an Wasserbächen,</i><br> <i>Der seine eigene Frucht gibt zu seiner Zeit</i><br> <i>Und dessen Laub nicht welkt,</i><br> <i>Und alles, was er tut, wird gelingen.</i><br>
4 <i>Die Bösen sind nicht so,</i><br> <i>Sondern sind wie die Spreu, die der Wind verweht.</i><br>
5 <i>Darum werden die Bösen nicht aufstehen im Gericht</i><br> <i>Noch Sünder in der Gemeinde der Gerechten.</i><br>
6 <i>Denn Jehova nimmt Kenntnis vom Weg der Gerechten,</i><br> <i>Aber der Weg der Bösen, er wird vergehen.</i>
Psa. 2,1 ¶ <i>Warum sind die Nationen in Tumult gewesen</i><br> <i>Und murmelten die Völkerschaften ständig Leeres?</i><br>
2 <i>Die Könige der Erde stellen sich auf,</i><br> <i>Und hohe Amtspersonen ihrerseits haben sich zusammengerottet wie e i n [Mann]</i><br> <i>Gegen Jehova und gegen seinen Gesalbten,</i><br>
3 <i>[indem sie sprechen:] „Laßt uns zerreißen ihre Bande</i><br> <i>Und von uns werfen ihre Stricke!“</i><br>
4 <i>Der in den Himmeln sitzt, wird lachen;</i><br> <i>Jehova seinerseits wird sie verspotten.</i><br>
5 <i>Zu jener Zeit wird er zu ihnen reden in seinem Zorn,</i><br> <i>Und in der Glut seines Mißfallens wird er sie in Bestürzung versetzen,</i><br>
6 <i>[indem er spricht:] „Ich, ja ich, habe meinen König eingesetzt</i><br> <i>Auf Zion, meinem heiligen Berg.“</i><br>
7 <i>Man lasse mich auf die Verordnung Jehovas hinweisen;</i><br> <i>Er hat zu mir gesagt: „Du bist mein Sohn;</i><br> <i>Ich, ich bin heute dein Vater geworden.</i><br>
8 <i>Erbitte von mir, daß ich Nationen zu deinem Erbe gebe</i><br> <i>Und die Enden der Erde zu deinem eigenen Besitz.</i><br>
9 <i>Du wirst sie mit eisernem Zepter zerbrechen,</i><br> <i>Wie ein Töpfergefäß wirst du sie zerschmettern.“</i><br>
10 <i>Und nun, o Könige, handelt nach Einsicht;</i><br> <i>Laßt euch zurechtweisen, o Richter der Erde.</i><br>

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I think I understand what's going on, I'm not convinced this is a bug, but there definitely is some unexpected behavior.  I'll get back with you on this, thanks!

Thanks for your response.

Greetings

Fabian