Easy Install: Error processing update information

Helen Brown

If you get this error at login with easy Install, and it goes on to say "there may be a problem with the servers. Please try again later."

A user reported this error, and then:

"I had entered the wrong password and told it to save it... and every time I tried to log in it would first use that bad password and then give up.

I had to go into keychain and delete the saved easy install password.. then it asked me for my password again and logged in correctly."

Another user has since confirmed that this solved his problem as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Helen!

I tryed the same, but it didn't help. Neither Easy Install or Check for updates don't work for me in 9.0.5.

Darko

Hello, Helen!

I tryed the same, but it didn't help. Neither Easy Install or Check for updates don't work for me in 9.0.5.

Darko

Hm, even after I installed 9.0.6 the Check for Updates doesn't work. It opens the window "Checking for Updates" and blocks somewhere at the half way. It also blocks the Accordance and the only way out remains Force Quit. The Easy Install also doesn't work. It still gives the same message: "Error processing update information. There may be a problem with the servers. Please try again." I deleted the saved easy install password in the Keychain, but didn't help.

I think all the problems started for me after installing 9.0.5.

Darko

We have just tracked this down:

There is a bug in 9.0.x when installing the syntax files via Easy Install. The fix didn't make it into 9.0.6, unfortunately. But, here is the workaround/fix:

1) Quit Accordance

2) Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/ and remove com.oaktree.accordance.mod.txt

3) Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/ and remove 'Syntax Files'

4) Navigate to /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences/ and remove 'Syntax Files'.

Then, reopen Accordance and try to access the syntax. You will be asked for the syntax unlocking code, which you should enter correctly. At this point, Check for Updates *should* be fixed.

This fix is for those users for whom Check for Updates stalls half way across the progress bar.

At this point, Check for Updates *should* be fixed.

Unfortunately it didn't help. I even didn't install the syntax files as i didn't purchase them. Anyhow, it isn't the question of life and death, so I'll be patient and wait. Maybe some future update fix that issue.

Unfortunately it didn't help. I even didn't install the syntax files as i didn't purchase them. Anyhow, it isn't the question of life and death, so I'll be patient and wait. Maybe some future update fix that issue.

Certainly does not work :mellow:

• 2 months later...

Hi Helen,

I am having this same issue with 9.1.1 My powerbook finally died and has been replaced by a new imac. I installed version 8 along with all my modules then purchased the update from 8 to 9. It seemed to install okay but took a bit of work to get right. Now when I attempt to run "check for updates" I am stuck and it will not finish checking.

Any help would be appreciated as I know there are a bunch of updates I need to do.

Thanks

Gary

PS I should have added the only way to get out of the check for updates screen is to force close the whole accordance program. Clicking the stop button does no good.

It would be best to contact tech support directly, or me off forum, to screenshare and let us see what is going on.

Sorry, this was a discrepancy on our servers. It causes Check for Updates to hang half way through checking. Hangs during installation are a different issue.

Thanks Helen,

I really do appreciate the service!

Gary Wissel

PS Love the ipad app. great stuff!

• 5 months later...

I'm getting this under Accordance 8.4.7

error processing update information

Do not help to delete cashes, prefererences, plist etc.

Do not work creating new user.

The error is only with Accordance all other software works okay (except ReadIris 12.0.6 which crashes as often as earlier ReadIris OCR software)

I think you should upgrade to version 9. We have greatly improved the download process, and we really cannot troubleshoot the older versions anymore. You will get a host of new features as well as more reliable downloads.

Archived