Font use

JCS

• 3 years later...

Hi, I am beginning to experiment with Libre Office and, instead of Hebraica and Graeca fonts, Yehudit and Helena. With Yehudit I found your PDF file for the keyboard strokes, but am unable to strike the hires where is is mentioned in the charts. Could this be a specific problem in LibreOffice ? 

Just found it. It is placed under the i and not under the y as indicated on the chart.

BTW, I hope it is allowed to use the Accordance fonts for our personal docs ?

Wish a nice week-end to anybody still on their computers…

Just found it. It is placed under the i and not under the y as indicated on the chart.

BTW, I hope it is allowed to use the Accordance fonts for our personal docs ?

Wish a nice week-end to anybody still on their computers…

So I know it is as an Accordance user. 

But I found out the space above and below from the Accordance font is much bigger than from all other fonts. 

Try it. Write 3 lines in another font and then change the middle one to the Accordance font. You'll see the spaces are growing up. And if you write all in Arial or so and you want only the Greek and Hebrew word to display in the Accordance font you'll see all this lines are out of order with the spaces between the lines.

Edited by Fabian

So you would not recommend to use them as replacement for Hebraica and Graeca within a document written in latin characters ? Right now I have only tried within a paragraph in LibreOffice and this does not seem to happen. I can introduce some Hebrew rods within the paragraph without influencing the interlinear width.

So you would not recommend to use them as replacement for Hebraica and Graeca within a document written in latin characters ? Right now I have only tried within a paragraph in LibreOffice and this does not seem to happen. I can introduce some Hebrew rods within the paragraph without influencing the interlinear width.

O.K. I have this problem in Word, so it seems LO dosn't have this behavior. 

Here has Accordance to bring a fix. There seems to have a few bugs between Accordance and Word.

So then go ahead with it.

But also in Accordance the space grows if I use the Accordance font instead of another.

See left side in compare of a module from Accordance.

post-32723-0-91300500-1485201859_thumb.png

Here the same in Helvetica Neue

post-32723-0-45427800-1485202036_thumb.png

But also in Accordance the space grows if I use the Accordance font instead of another.

See left side in compare of a module from Accordance.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-01-23 um 20.59.58.png

Here the same in Helvetica Neue

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-01-23 um 21.06.12.png

I have to say: both are with 60% space.