What's New in GNT-BYZ 1.2?

Justin D. Morgan

I just recently bought the Scholar's Collection CD Set so that I could purchase one module (that would be GNT-BYZ) from the set, and got version 7.1.

I just ran AccUpdater and noticed GNT-BYZ has an update, and the update not downloadable. (I also see that the Scholar's collection has gone from 7.1 to 7.3 in only three months!)

I am using this text for a class, so I might need to update... but money is tight for software updates since I just upgraded to Leopard, as I have to prioritize this update with other applications that I use. So...

Could anyone shed any light on the significance of the changes between 1.1 and 1.2?

Could anyone shed any light on the significance of the changes between 1.1 and 1.2?

Justin,

I noticed that all the tagged Greek NT modules have been upgraded at the same time. I don't own GNT-BYZ, but I guess that this is just a refinement upgrade, that fixes a handful of typographical errors.

Marco

The changes to GNT-BYZ were minor: improved tagging, errors corrected, and square brackets for the variants instead of angle brackets.

The Scholar's CD is numbered for the version of Accordance that is on it. We just released the 7.4 CD, and indeed there are updates to very many modules, but most are minor except for the modules that were released in preliminary form or were incomplete. This year we received newer versions of the bHS-W4 and the LXX from the scholars who maintain those texts. Significant module upgrades on each Scholar's Collection are listed here, so if your module isn't listed, I would not worry about it too much.

It's always a good idea to get the latest Scholar's CD for $10 or $15 whenever you next order a shipment from OakTree.

Archived