Check Updates not working

DanG

When I run Check Updates in 9.0.2 I get a dialogue box telling me A9 can't open the file named "". (see attached)

After clicking Ok, I get another dialogue box telling me all my modules are up to date; however I know I have 8 modules that need updating. (see attached)

post-27438-128518628327_thumb.png

post-27438-128518629061_thumb.png

When I run Check Updates in 9.0.2 I get a dialogue box telling me A9 can't open the file named "". (see attached)

After clicking Ok, I get another dialogue box telling me all my modules are up to date; however I know I have 8 modules that need updating. (see attached)

9.0.3 does NOT fix this.

Dan, try removing com.Oaktree.Accordance.Mod.txt from ~/Library/Preferences and see if that helps. I may need to work with you directly. If you are still getting that strange dialog error, then something is wrong in how Accordance keeps track of your modules, which makes sense that Check For Updates can't get that module list to compare.

Dan, try removing com.Oaktree.Accordance.Mod.txt from ~/Library/Preferences and see if that helps. I may need to work with you directly. If you are still getting that strange dialog error, then something is wrong in how Accordance keeps track of your modules, which makes sense that Check For Updates can't get that module list to compare.

Joel,

It didn't make any difference.

Joel,

It didn't make any difference.

I'm having the same problem as is Joel.

Still having this problem. Any ideas re: what is causing this problem?

In addition to preventing me from checking for updates, this dialog box pops up every time I start up Accordance.

Just want to keep this problem visible by bumping it to the top of the forums.

Just another attempt to keep this topic highlighted. I'd like to update my modules and download updated versions of Accordance 9, but I can't while this bug persists.

Thanks!

We will post the program fix soon, but the module updates will not all be uploaded for a couple of weeks. Sorry, it's my job, and I am just too busy.

We will post the program fix soon, but the module updates will not all be uploaded for a couple of weeks. Sorry, it's my job, and I am just too busy.

No problem. I undersand everyone at OakTree is busy. And this is a relatively minor issue.

Thanks!

Alright, I was able to work with Sean and determine the cause of the problem. Its a bug we thought we had fully squashed in 9.0.3, but is still here a little bit. If you get the error 'Can't open the file '' ' that is because you probably had the Syntax files installed from 9.0.2. We'll try to fix it for 9.0.4, but in the meantime the workaround is to reinstall the syntax files. Here's the steps to do that:

1) Navigate to /Library/Application Support/Accordance/

2) Within the Gloss folder, delete BHS-W4.syntax or GNT-T.syntax or both, depending on what you have installed.

3) Within the Preferences folder, delete 'Syntax Files'.

4) Save this folder open, you'll need it again in a second.

5) Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/

6) Delete 'Syntax Files'

Now, at this point you'll want to temporarily rename your General Settings files. There is one in each Preferences folder. Just rename it to something else, open Accordance and redownload the Syntax files, then quit Accordance. Delete the newly created General files, take off the temporary rename on your old ones, and you should be good to go.

Its a little clumsy, and we'll have it better for 9.0.4, but this should work for anyone else still experiencing the problem of "Can't open the file '' ". If you have any questions or difficulty doing it, let me know and I'll be happy to work with you.

Screen shared with Joel; the problem is fixed. Although I didn't completely follow exactly why I experienced this problem, it was traced back to my install of the syntax modules.

Screen shared with Joel; the problem is fixed. Although I didn't completely follow exactly why I experienced this problem, it was traced back to my install of the syntax modules.

As far as I understand it, it was due to installing the Syntax via Easy Install in 9.0.2. There was a bug there that we fixed for people installing in 9.0.3, but we didn't fix for people who already had it. That it the fix that should be in 9.0.4.

Archived