Timeline no longer launches

E-Library

I removed all Preferences files and then installed Accordance 10.4.2.2 (from 10.4.2) for Windows. Then I launched Accordance, enter my user information and logged into my account, initial setup walkthrough. The program crashed when it could not find a file (don't recall what it was now - maybe it was for the Timeline?). Second attempt, the program did not crash. However, I can't open the Timeline. I'm missing a file - see attached screenshot.

How do I restore the Timeline? Thanks.

David

post-32602-0-34973400-1400012892_thumb.jpg

Edited by David_Bailey

I'd remove your Timeline and User Items files from that folder and C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Accordance Preferences, and then reinstall the Timeline via Easy Install. That should be your safest solution.

I'd remove your Timeline and User Items files from that folder and C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Accordance Preferences, and then reinstall the Timeline via Easy Install. That should be your safest solution.

Joel,

How do you remove the Timeline? I tried by using Ctrl + Backspace, but that caused the program to crash.

David

Note, I said to remove the files from those two locations in Windows, not the items from your Library. If you do that and restart Accordance, the timeline would be ready to be installed in Easy Install.

Note, I said to remove the files from those two locations in Windows, not the items from your Library. If you do that and restart Accordance, the timeline would be ready to be installed in Easy Install.

Got it. No need to re-install; it just reappeared after I had removed those two files yesterday. I did notice that all the default layers are gone. I never had to create them when I purchased Accordance. Is there a way to get them back?

Thanks.

post-32602-0-34803700-1400075782_thumb.jpg

Edited by David_Bailey

Did you remove the two files from both locations? Since it looks like you ran Accordance since then, you'll likely need to remove all 4 files again. Remember, remove both Timeline and User Layers from both C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences and C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Accordance Preferences. If you want to be safe, you can also remove the Time Data file from C:\ProgramData\Accordance.

Then you can reinstall via Easy Install.

Did you remove the two files from both locations? Since it looks like you ran Accordance since then, you'll likely need to remove all 4 files again. Remember, remove both Timeline and User Layers from both C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences and C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Accordance Preferences. If you want to be safe, you can also remove the Time Data file from C:\ProgramData\Accordance.

Then you can reinstall via Easy Install.

Yes, I had removed 3 files. I don't have a 4th file located in C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Accordance Preferences. See screenshot. Now I do have a file called Time data.adata on my desktop. Where should this file be located?

David

post-32602-0-59040200-1400161269_thumb.jpg

David, I'm really not sure what is going on, nor why you now have a Time data file on your desktop. I do not recommend trying to install the Timeline manually, so as with the others, I suggest you remove the Time data file.

However, I assure you that if you remove all of the files I mentioned and restart Accordance, it will install properly via Easy Install. Maybe it would be best to call support so they can help walk you through the process directly?

Hi Joel,

I'll contact support to determine if there is something missing in my installation of Accordance. I relocated the time data file before installing a newer version of Accordance. It was originally at C:\ProgramData\Accordance

thanks,

David