Keyboard shortcut for next text in text pane?

JSGilliom

Are there keyboard shortcuts to switch to the next text or previous text in a text pane ... like the control + and the control - shortcuts for switching search texts in a search window?

I'd like to select a text pane and scroll through each of the possible texts that I could choose without changing the search text and without affecting the rest of my text panes in the tab (window).

(In my feeble search of the User's Guide and Accordance Help I've not been able to find what I'm after ...)

There is no such shortcut at present (and we have hardly any combinations available, as you will have seen from the Keyboard Shortcuts in Help: Reference).

Are there keyboard shortcuts to switch to the next text or previous text in a text pane ... like the control + and the control - shortcuts for switching search texts in a search window?

I'd like to select a text pane and scroll through each of the possible texts that I could choose without changing the search text and without affecting the rest of my text panes in the tab (window).

(In my feeble search of the User's Guide and Accordance Help I've not been able to find what I'm after ...)

What a great time saver! Choosing the next commentary by selecting the menu and scrolling down to the next one is tedious and time consuming!

This would be fantastic!

What a great time saver! Choosing the next commentary by selecting the menu and scrolling down to the next one is tedious and time consuming!

This would be fantastic!

DanG, I do think I would use this shortcut when I want to quickly scan through a list of texts or user tools. I like Accordance so well already that I hate to keep wishing for more ... nevertheless if I could have this shortcut, I'd also love to have a checkbox by each text in the Library Window so that I could hand pick a custom group of tools or texts through which the shortcut would scroll. :rolleyes:

We are looking into the keyboard shortcut idea.

You can use the Library window to place your favorites near the top of the menu.

Thank you for your considerations and your quick responses. You all are the best! Every now and then (for your benefit and ours :)) I breath a prayer for God's blessings upon the work of your hands. If I were not pastoring, I think I would love to be coding with the Accordance team.

• 5 months later...

Just installed 8.3. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Agreed! This is the best addition, apart from changes to the Instant Details box.

Archived