iPad App "Announced"?

Tom

Have I missed something or has this ad been on Accordance's home page for a long time?

Here's the link to the details of it:

http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance/IPhone

Also, am I reading this right? (excerpt from the above link):

"Intelligent and sophisticated, this application will astound you with its impressive abilities and its simplicity of use. Be sure to tell your friends about this free application, which comes with the KJVS, Strong's Dictionaries, Easton, Outlines, and WEB before you download anything else.

A free app, just add your already purchased modules?

Tom

Tom

I think this is their way of getting people into the Accordance world. I think it is a wonderful idea. Those of us who have already purchased many modules will be able to have them on their iPads. Hopefully this will get other people interested in Accordance as a whole on their Macs. I hope after the release of OS4.2, the iPad app will become available - I'm trying to be patient but this announcement needs a slight update (e.g., Soon to be released by Thanksgiving... Christmas, before 2011, next week... or better yet, tomorrow ;)). I bought my iPad two weeks ago primarily for Accordance (though I am finding many other uses for it - so are my daughters and my son).

Yes.

I think this is their way of getting people into the Accordance world. I think it is a wonderful idea. Those of us who have already purchased many modules will be able to have them on their iPads. Hopefully this will get other people interested in Accordance as a whole on their Macs. I hope after the release of OS4.2, the iPad app will become available - I'm trying to be patient but this announcement needs a slight update (e.g., Soon to be released by Thanksgiving... Christmas, before 2011, next week... or better yet, tomorrow ;)). I bought my iPad two weeks ago primarily for Accordance (though I am finding many other uses for it - so are my daughters and my son).

I agree, I know it is in beta (I am not one of the lucky beta testers), and things can pop up leading to major delays, but I would really like to know when they hope to have it released, I know people get disappointed and some even upset when dates aren't met, but saying "approximately November 30th", or "November 30th (baring unforeseen issues)". Lets us know when we can reasonably expect it but also for gives Accordance the ability to release it when they think it;s done even if it;s not when they expected it to be released.

-Dan

Before Christmas sounds great to me.

Reasonably: before Christmas. Hopefully: earlier than that.

I've no "inside" info, but I'd be very surprised if the target release date wasn't in time for the annual ETS and SBL meetings in Atlanta the week before Thanksgiving... At least I'm hoping... :) And since Helen is "hopeful" for earlier than Christmas... :) We can at least be "hopeful"! :rolleyes:

Reasonably: before Christmas. Hopefully: earlier than that.

Wow, Christmas... I feel like a kid now; I can't wait 'til Christmas - this will be one wonderful Christmas! Keep up the good work; the wait will be well worth it. That time frame is very helpful - an end in sight. Thanks Helen!

I've no "inside" info, but I'd be very surprised if the target release date wasn't in time for the annual ETS and SBL meetings in Atlanta the week before Thanksgiving... At least I'm hoping... :) And since Helen is "hopeful" for earlier than Christmas... :) We can at least be "hopeful"! :rolleyes:

It's great news... made my day for sure.. by january, God willing my iphone shale have accordance... :)

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea if there are copy / paste functions planned for the iPad / iPhone app? This, for me, is a key part of my study process as I like to "dump" massive amounts of textual information in a single Pages document to either print or have with me in any format. Thanks.

http://www.macworld.com/article/155883/2010/11/ios42_release.html

Apple releases iOS 4.2.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 8:30 am by Jason Snell, Macworld.com

On Monday, Apple will release iOS 4.2 (the company says by 10 a.m. Pacific Time), a free software update that brings the features of iOS 4?including multitasking, fast app switching, and a unified mail inbox?to the iPad for the first time. We had a chance to use the update, which also adds the new AirPrint and AirPlay features to all compatible devices, for a few days: here's a first look. ...

My iPad now has 4.2.1. ;)

Even in Switzerland ;) 4. 2. 1. is avaible. Hope that the App we are all waiting for while be released soon :D

My iPad now has 4.2.1. ;)

Ditto, my iPad is up to date - now waiting patiently for the app to be released!!!!

Archived