Accordance 11 Collections

Helen Brown

We have released the new Collections for Accordance 11 (which is coming soon) along with a new Custom Upgrades feature. It all just went live and I would appreciate some beta testers of the relevant pages on the website, and some early upgrade orders. I want to test the pages and the process on real customers before the newsletter goes out later in the day.

Thanks for your help.

I am busy with a review on Accordance for Windows (Essential). Can I test the pages? I suppose I will have to purchase the Starter 11 Collection (upgrade from Accordance) 11? I am in South Africa and the Internet will be on the slow side.

Hi Helen, Ok I've had a quick poke about and sent you some data to cross check.

Now of course comes the tricky question: what's in Acc 11 ? I know - a terrible question - but there have been many discussed features and it would be nice to know what's coming.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

We'll release Accordance 11 to some beta testers very soon, but they of course are sworn to secrecy. You are a great tester, so I am sure you will be included.

ahbogaards: we'll give you the new modules for your review, but Accordance 11 is not quite in beta testing. Please order the upgrade to your current collection and leave a note for the staff.

Hi Helen,

I am so impressed with Accordance 10 for Windows that I have purchased the upgrade immediately (before your answer). I have downloaded and installed it through Easy Install, but may be I made a fault somewhere. I do not see Accordance 11 and the About Screen still show Accordance 10. Also the upgrade is not showing anymore under Easy Install. It seems to me that I I will have to contact the staff/support then like you suppose. I bought the upgrade for persons who already have Accordance 10.

Yes, but at this point we have upgraded the Collections but not the program. It's coming in October. If you need it for the review, you can ask me for a beta copy when it is more stable, but we aren't there yet.

You don't see the Starter 11 because I replaced it with Essential 11.

Quick question: as a owner of ESSENTIAL 10, it seems like I can just buy the upgrade to STARTER 11.

But then it seems that I'll get just the Accordance 11 engine, and not the full Essential 11 package (ie not included http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Comprehensive+Crossrefs ).

So then my package name will be STARTER 11 or ESSENTIAL 10? In case I want afterwards to upgrade to ESSENTIAL 11, what will be the cost?

I hope this can help the webpage beta test.

In the long run it will make virtually no difference. If you have already upgraded to Starter 11 and then you upgrade to Essential 11, you will pay only for the additional new content. That is the whole idea.

Thanks for the answer.

But then...I dont get what is the upgrade about.

Upgrade to Starter 11, means Accordance 10 -> Accordance 11, which I dont see what means from any webpage.

Maybe you need to sostantiate on the product page, or version page.

And what about the resources I may have bought before in Accordance 10, that now are part of Accordance 11 Essential, which I dont want to pay again for?

perhaps the Blog article will explain it better for you. You will only pay for the resources which are new to you. You can see what they will be in the Upgrade Calculator in your Accordance Easy Install/Check for Content Update window.

• Like 1

I would like to help in some way as well. Not sure if I can fit in but I would like to get involved with essentials 11. I may not be a scholar but I can give highlighting, syncing and notes a good workout!

I want to test, add me to beta if I am not already in this team :-)

Hi Helen

I'm a little confused. I bought Accordance in April - will I need to buy it again if I want Accordance 11?

As a new comer not just to Accordance but to Bible Study I am really interested in Dr. J's module - his podcasts have helped me more than I can say... do I have to buy the starter collection [which is full of material I own] just to get Dr J's module? The upgrade calculator doesn't help at all with this? I am more than happy to buy Dr J's module but it is pointless for me to buy every other book in that collection [except TSK which wasn't available at the time] already owning them

Please accept I am not in the slightest complaining - I am just confused

All the best

Hi Helen,

Everything worked very well and fast with the downloads off Accordance.

Attie

Leopold: yes, I am afraid that this is the only way to get this new module, but I am certain you will also love the upgrade to Accordance for which we typically do charge about $50 every couple of years. That is included in the Starter upgrade.

The page was very, very slow with the upgrade purchase, but it worked. :)

Leopold: yes, I am afraid that this is the only way to get this new module, but I am certain you will also love the upgrade to Accordance for which we typically do charge about $50 every couple of years. That is included in the Starter upgrade.

Hi Helen

Thanks Helen! I know I am asking really silly questions but can I check that this means I should wait till Accordance 11 is released and then rather than buy an upgrade I should buy the starter package [so I get Dr J's module]? I won't end up with two different versions of Accordance or - worse - lots of duplicated resources on my Mac?

As I say sorry for asking such rookie questions

Many thanks

Just a suggestion to those wanting to upgrade (like myself) there is always the question of "added value." In other words, what new modules would I be getting and how valuable are they? I would like to have seen a comparison of what Acc. 11 collections offered in comparison to Acc 10. Then I realized that I could go to Accordance and use the "Upgrade Calculator" where I was presented with a list of the items I would get. Then I can go to the webpage and click the Custom Upgrade and see the price.

For some this may be confusing but I really like the new approach. I have bought a number of items in addition to the Ultimate Collection and it appears that I may be getting some credit for those purchases with the Custom Upgrade. That appears to be a fairer approach to all.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I was able to get an upgrade price for Essential. In the webpage where you list all the titles, having new ones highlighted might help customers see more easily the additional modules they are purchasing in the upgrade. Most upgrade customers want that information easily and quickly to determine which upgrade path is best for them. My upgrade price showed and 80% discount, however, I owned most of the resources already so my question is of the modules I do not own, what would they cost me to purchase as that is my true discount. This may be beyond the website's current abilities, but many if not most of your customers will do the analysis. (The real analysis is of the new resources, how much will it cost me to just buy the ones I want compared to the upgrade price plus starter to get Accordance 11.)

Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

One other item, the "warning" about Accordance 11 is at the bottom of the page. I think you are going to get calls why 11 was not installed. It is unusual to release the collections without the upgrade,

• Like 1

I would be happy to beta test the new Accordance 11.

Note: I am running OS 10.10 current beta.

hi

i have Bible Study with other modules purchased. now i plan to upgrade to Advanced collection.

Adding Advanced to cart with Custom Upgrade.
I need to pay $807.27 (collection upgrade) - $387.60 (eligible modules credit) = $419.67
is my understanding correct?

PS. How can I upload a screen capture picture file?

Leopold:

You can buy the upgrade now and you will get version 11 when released.

Thanks Helen