Using Greek and Hebrew strongs

William B

Hi not sure if this is possible but with the strongs on the Esv can I change it so when using instant details I get more information than just the Greek or Hebrew (the other English words it can mean) at the monent I can't find a way to do this without leaving the Esv.

Hi not sure if this is possible but with the strongs on the Esv can I change it so when using instant details I get more information than just the Greek or Hebrew (the other English words it can mean) at the monent I can't find a way to do this without leaving the Esv.

Currently this functions identical to Accordance for Mac. But, on the Mac you can press cmd and hover over a word which displays the entry in the corresponding Key/Strong's dictionary. This sounds like what you would like on iOS, and I am not sure if it is possible.

Yeah I rely on that a lot I know about 5 words of greek and two of Hebrew. Perhaps the cmd option may not be possible but a work around could be like on the desktop where changing the order of te modules in the library changes what accordance looks to, so if I lifted strongs above keys etc it would change the instant details from keys to strongs

Another way would be to make the instant details box more powerful and when highlighting the key or Greek there is a more option with open in thayers or strongs etc and vitally this opens in the instant details box keeping me in my bible but allowing me to view the Greek as needed.

Could any of those work?

Archived