Missing the Wheel

Novacastrian

I seem to remember older versions of the IOS Accordance app having a "wheel" option as verse chooser. This seems to have been abandoned in favour of the list/ grid system. I miss the wheel! I found it quicker than either the list or the grid. When i mentioned it in an email to Accordance they suggested i post it here to see if there is any support for the idea of its return.

In short, the Wheel didn't conform to Apple's design guidelines, and would not allow for custom theming. We voted unanimously within our internal group to remove it. There have only been 2 requests that I recall, since last year, to bring it back (including this one).

• 3 weeks later...

I can't understand how spinning a wheel can be faster than tapping directly on Dan or Mat...

As a member of the "I also still prefer the wheel" club, the idea is that I often think much faster in a linear sense - "How many books down is Romans from Matthew" than always having to hunt and peck for the small box representing my book. Its the idea of thinking relatively rather than absolutely that makes me miss the wheel so much. I understand the iOS team's decision, but it doesn't replace the speed and ease of the wheel that I miss. I do recognize that different people think differently, so for many the grid is certainly faster.

Remember, trombone players are used to making do without buttons. They prefer sliding things. :D

• Like 2

Some may not want to hear this, but the FIRST thing I changed back when the wheel was the default was to get rid of the wheel! How annoying to scroll 33 books to the one you want just to have to scroll to 40+ chapters in Isaiah or some other long book, then to have to scroll yet again to the verse I wanted. So I'm not missing it one iota, but of course I would welcome the option for those who (however strangely) prefer it over the lightning fast grid.