Book of Common Prayer on Accordance?

kennethos

Hi there. I've had Accordance for a couple of years, and am now learning how to use it in depth. I do have a question: is there a module for the Book of Common Prayer Lectionary readings for Accordance? Does this exist as freeware, or a module to purchase, or can I now make the request for it to be included in a future edition? I know there's a Daily Bible Readings feature (very helpful!). Just curious if anyone ever asked about the BCP.

Thanks.

The texts of the Revised Common Lectionary (not sure how much they overlap with the BCP) are available in a user-contributed tool at the Accordance Exchange. Note that since they're in the older Stuffit (.sit) archive format you'll need the free StuffitExpander to expand it.

The Episcopal version of the Revised Common Lectionary is on the Episcopal Church web site (www.episcopalchurch.org). The RCL is now supposed to be the lectionary for the Episcopal Church. If you want to spend big bucks ($600.00) you can purchase "The Rite Stuff" which includes the BCP and the lectionary readings in RSV and NRSV. Also the Vanderbilt University lectionary cite has the RCL with some very nice art work for each week. The only problem is that the RCL and the Episcopal version of the RCL are sometimes different. Most recently, the readings for the 1st Sunday after Christmas Day are different in the Episcopal version. The Vanderbilt cite is http://lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu/

Hope this helps.

Rich+

(Edited by Joel Brown: Fixed Link)

Oopsie! the url for the Episcopal Church is www.episcopalchurch.org, NOT tec.org - that is the Texas Environmental Commission.

R+

The texts of the Revised Common Lectionary (not sure how much they overlap with the BCP) are available in a user-contributed tool at the Accordance Exchange. Note that since they're in the older Stuffit (.sit) archive format you'll need the free StuffitExpander to expand it.

The RCL (that I uploaded) is similar to the Common Lectionary in most part with the exception being the readings from the Hebrew Scriptures.

BTW, has there been any thought to converting all those to zip files?

Archived