downloading modules

Brad Pribbenow

I'm new to Accordance and just came upon this Forum. I wish I could stop (seminary) time and read all this info so I can make good use of this wonderful program. But alas...

For now, I have a question regarding downloading modules. I bought the Scholars Package a few months ago. With that I received the Bible Unlock CD-Rom (release 2). I'm interested in purchasing the NIV and NASB95 editions (and maybe some others) but I can't figure out how to purchase them. The whole module download thing on the accordance web page is very confusing to me. I don't want to know what package something is in, I just want to purchase that single module.

When I added the NAS95 to my cart, the cart said "NOTE: Our records indicate you already own this item (BibUn2)". Does this mean I have the code somewhere that I'm unaware of? I didn't think so. How do I purchase just a simple english edition or two of the Bible?

Brad

Accordance 7.0.2

iMac Intel Duo Core 10.4.7

Brad,

To purchase the NASB95 you have to purchase the NAS Group for $59 or a Library package that includes that Bible. You can do that by simply adding the NAS Group to your cart. To purchase another version, like the ESV, you add the version to your cart by clicking the cart icon as shown in the picture below. It sounds like you're trying to click on the Bible Unlock CD rather than the modules themselves. HTH.

Brad,

Since you own the Bible Unlock CD-ROM, you don't need to "download" those modules at all. When you purchase the modules, you'll receive an unlock code for each Bible. Then all you need to do is insert your Bible Unlock CD-ROM, run the installer, and check the checkboxes for NAS and ESV. During installation, you'll be asked for each of the unlock codes. Enter those, and your new modules will be installed and added to Accordance.

Hope this helps.

How do I purchase just a simple english edition or two of the Bible?

Brad

Accordance 7.0.2

iMac Intel Duo Core 10.4.7

Brad! What do you mean "english" edition? You're in seminary now... it's straight original languages for you from here on out, bub!

:)

Seriously, welcome aboard (note the pun). Do ya like your iMac Intel as much as I do mine?

Brad:

If you add the NIV and the NAS Group to your cart, you should be able to pay for them. If you are asked to specify where you will unlock them, check that it is from a CD-ROM that you own. There is no need to order or do any more than that.

It is, however, better to download the NIV from the website as this is an updated version with poetic and other formatting.

Archived