Cannot find Timeline after Accordance 10 upgrade

Carol K

I upgraded to Accordance 10 from 8 a few months ago. I did not think to check Timeline at the time. I cannot find Timeline and I cannot re-download it either from the website or from Easy Install.

When I open Accordance, Timeline appears under "Background" in the Library sidebar. I also customized the toolbar with the Timeline icon. If I click on either, a Finder dialog pops up asking for the file "Time data."

I have a file "Timeline" under ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences but it seems to be a user file and deleting it does not convince Accordance that Timeline is not installed so I can re-install it.

How can I get Timeline back into my Accordance world?

You could try deleting it from your library pane (under Background) in the Accordance program. Then use Easy Install.

To be safe, confirm that Timeline is listed on your "My Products" page at the Accordance website (sign in and go to your account). If it is listed, the technique above should work.

Time data should be in Library/Application support/Accordance. If it isn't there, please contact our tech support for help in reinstalling it.

Time data should be in Library/Application support/Accordance. If it isn't there, please contact our tech support for help in reinstalling it.

I have Timeline and it does work, but I cannot locate in on my hard drive. It is not in the location you mention. A search of the drive using cmd in Finder yields only the Timeline preferences file.

Hi Michael

my time data file is at Users/kens/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Time data

If it's not there, then do you have /Library/Application Support/ ? Is it in there?

Finally, spotlight does not return a full index search. It is permissions restricted.

If you open a terminal and type

locate "Time data"

then OS X will either return a path for you, or it will prompt you to build a location database. This is actually a more accurate way to find files.

(or use the third party utility "Easyfind"

post-29509-0-29951100-1353533010_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ken

I found it at /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Atlas files/Time data

I knew it had to be there somewhere!

:) Very glad to help Michael. Edited by Ken Simpson