Expand the entire index

Larry McNamee

Is there a way to expand all the levels of an index in a tool?

When scrolling through the search results in a systematic theology for instance, I would like to see where this result is in the table of contents to the left. Control click, on the triangle (Mac) only expands the level of the triangle, And not all of the triangles in it.

Any help would be appreciated.:-)

If you command+click (on a MAC) to open the index it will highlight where you entry is at the index. Is that's what you trying to do?

post-32482-0-90333100-1391210286_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidmedina

If you option-click on the triangle, it will drill-down to the lowest level to show you exactly where you are. This also works similarly, option-clicking on the table of contents button itself to have it open to your specific location.

Thanks for the both of you for your input!

What I am attempting to do is expand all of the triangles in an index with as few clicks as possible.

This way when I am searching for, let's say, a scripture in a Systematic Theology, here is what I do.

I set my, "Show Text As" - "Add Titles" (the little gear next to the "A A" in the upper right-hand corner of the window)

As I scroll through my search results the index automatically highlights where this is found in the index. This would save time by not having to "drill down" in the index, to see where every search results found.

On a related note, when I hit Control click, on a triangle in the index, I come up with a menu that says;

Expand Levels

Select Range

Add To Range

Clear Ranges

Maybe my answer lies in this menu, However, I can't seem to find help in the help system about this.

Hopefully this makes sense to you, it just seems to be the way my brain works (or doesn't work):-).

Thanks for your consideration!

There is no way to expand all the triangles in the browser. In many of the larger tools the list would become impossibly long if you could do that. Your best action is the option (alt) click on a triangle to drill down to the location of the top paragraph showing in the main pane. You would have to repeat that for each new hit paragraph.