ISBE entry in Instant Details - instead of Lexicon or dictionary

jdg

I'm having an issue with the instant details feature....

About half the time when I hover over a word in the Old Testament, it will give me the hebrew word and number tag, but when I press and hold the command button, instead of information from a dictionary or lexicon, I get an entry from the ISBE.

Specifically, when I hover over/highlight the word 'answered' in Genesis 35:3, I get the ISBE entry detailing the 'answering of objections to messianic hope' - relating to the way in which the Essenes dealt with doubters etc....

The information is interesting, but not what I'm looking for.

What I really want is the lexicon entry etc...

I have not encountered this issue before and have scoured the Accordance forums to see if there is a setting which I can modify or correct the 'details' I am looking for...

Thanks in advance...

JD

What Bible text are you using? If a keyed English text, it will display the Key number dictionary as well as the English dictionary article on command-down. To see the article in the top Hebrew lexicon you must command-hover over the tagged Hebrew text.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you...

To answer your question; I get the ISBE entry when I'm using either the NKJVS or the KJVS.

When I'm using the ESVS, it gives only the Greek and hebrew strong's numbers and the 'Mounce Expository' entry 'ANSWER'

Mounce Expository is an English Tool. I think that it the only reason it is coming up is that there is no entry for that word in the English Dictionaries that are higher up in your Library listing.