New Forums

I like the look of the new forums, but I have one question.

Does the "View New Content" button work as before? The reason I ask is because when I click on it there was no new content found even though there was an earlier post today that I had no read.

Any help?

The default functionality of the 'View new Content' button changed with these forums. It now defaults to showing you all posts since your last visit, not all unread posts. To change this, click on your name in the top right to get the drop-down menu, and select My Settings. From that first page of Settings, look in the bottom section called 'Search Settings'. You can choose how you want to View New Content there. Let me know if this helps.

Nice job, Joel!

The default functionality of the 'View new Content' button changed with these forums. It now defaults to showing you all posts since your last visit, not all unread posts. To change this, click on your name in the top right to get the drop-down menu, and select My Settings. From that first page of Settings, look in the bottom section called 'Search Settings'. You can choose how you want to View New Content there. Let me know if this helps.

Joel,

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't even notice that there was now a drop down menu.

Oops! I made the change that Joel suggested in my profile to show all unread posts. Then when I clicked on "View New Content" it shows "There are 2976 new entries"

I don't think I have time to read all those!

Never mind, I found the "mark all messages as read" towards the top right and then it fixes everything.

Thanks again.

Archived