Please update your avatar and user photo

Joel Brown

Unfortunately, I just realized that in a minor update to the forums, I accidentally overwrote the uploaded avatars and user pictures everyone had set up! What makes it even more amusing are that people are now being linked to wrong photos that have already been uploaded. Anyway, its a quick fix. Just click on "My Controls" up top, then "Edit Avatar Settings" on the left to reupload a photo. You can also use the link below it to update your personal photo.

Sorry for the hassle!

Unfortunately, I just realized that in a minor update to the forums, I accidentally overwrote the uploaded .................................

Sorry for the hassle!

Joel,

You may have a another minor glitch. I currently have moderator privileges to close or open topics!

Not sure why you emailed me off forum. This is probably useful to others since there is no online forum help explanation for user moderation.

Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:41:21 -0400

Technically you aren't in the moderator group, so you don't really have moderator privileges. What you do have is the same as every other member. We set it so that a member can open or close his or her own topics. Thats why you still see that option on the topics you've created, but I don't think you'll see it on topics started by others.

Joel

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

What do you make me Joel!!!!?!?!

Now I'm a old man with white hair!!!! :o:o

PD.: jejeje Ruben es una broma no eres tan mayor, est

Joel is not joke, really I cannot change the photo, always shows Rub

I'm not sure why yours is showing up as Ruben for your computer. On my computer, I see (what I think is) your avatar, and then a dead link for your user photo. Try clearing your cache on the browser, it may just have not updated after you sent it the new one. Also, as I said, the photo link is dead, linking to the old photo, so try updating that sometime. If you already tried, something about it didn't catch. Unfortunately (fortunately?), despite my "Super Admin" powers on this board, I actually can't change people's avatars and photos in case something isn't working.

Thank you Joel you're right it was a problem with the cache.

Now my avatar is me and my little Enoc :)

Thank you after all

Best regards,

Jonathan

• 1 year later...
I am new to the forum ...I cannot make any of my pics fit? It says they are all too big?

Be sure that the resolution (xxx pixels by xxx pixels) is within the forums' requirements as ideally stated on that page. Also, the filesize may be too big. Try making sure you are uploading pictures in either .png or .jpg format (a .bmp or .tiff is probably too big). I believe the limitations are listed on the page where you upload, but if they aren't, I'll look them up for you. You can use Preview to resave an image's type (Save As... or Export... depending on your system version), and if you have post-Leopard Preview, I believe you can resize it also. Let me know if this helps.

Archived