Please swap Go To and Split window buttons

Guntis

Please swap Go To and Split window buttons. Their current placement is illogical, at least I see it that way:

Split window opens at the bottom of the screen, but the button for it is at the top of the screen.

Go To button is at the bottom of the screen but probably for 90% of users it will navigate whole screen or the top part of the screen (depends on split screen sync settings). Therefore natural placement of this button would be at the top of the screen.

Do you agree?

• Like 1

The GoTo button placement will not be changing in the next release. However, we are reworking how the parallel pane gets opened.

Scott.

• 1 month later...

I'll echo Guntis' feelings about the placement of the buttons. I, too, find it to be opposite of what I'd expect.

Daniel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with both Guntis and Daniel. I would like to see the button locations switched. And , the parallel pane mechanics is a bit bewildering to me. When I have two text modules open in parallel (top and bottom), it has been difficult figuring out how to change the modules that are open in each of the two panes. One time I somehow got my English text down in the lower pane and my Greek text in the upper pane. Getting it switched back around with the English back on top again was confusing. I finally got it switched around, somehow, but I don't have a clue how I did it. It was kinda like working on a Rubik's cube, shuffling things around until I finally got the right module in the right place. This needs to be a little more intuitive and clear. Furthermore, I am spoiled by the ability to have three or more text panes side-by-side on my MacBook Pro. I also like the dynamic interlinear capability on the Mac OS version of Accordance. Do you plan to add either of those two features to the iOS platform anytime soon?

Maybe a better implementation for me would be to have both buttons at the top. That is where I look first for menu operations and navigation.

• 1 year later...

I think this is solved now. Thank you all at Accordance!