User Tool Issue

RobM

In the past few months I have experienced sporadically occurring problems with my User Tools:

In the Edit Window:

Occasionally, when I press the tab key, instead of tabbing over, it skips down to the next line as if I pressed the return key. At first I tried deleting those empty lines, saving, closing the edit window, and then reopening the edit window. This worked occasionally. But I've recently found a fix that works more consistently. I now select a large portion surrounding the problematic area then through the Display Menu I align the text Left and the problem goes away. Up to this point I haven't really worried about it, until last night when a friend of mine (who is new to Accordance and using User Tools) experienced the same thing. I showed him my fix and it's fine, but it would be better for a more permanent fix to be made.

In the User Tool window:

Occasionally, I'll open a User Tool and scroll through it and random portions will be aligned to the Center instead of to the Left as I had created it. Again, it's easy enough to simply open an edit window, select the text, and re-align the text, but since this problem seems to be related to the first (?), I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for your help.

(begin edit:)

Oh, and the first issue has occurred in User Tool files that I've had for a long time and files that I've had for only a month or two.

I noticed that the second issue (text alignment problems in the User Tool window) has been discussed before and various solutions were offered. Now that I think about it, I may have experienced this second issue more with older User Tool files that may have become corrupted (see the discussion on "User Tool Text Distorted" for context).

Archived