Graphic Contents in Bible Knowledge Commentary

Mark Nigro

Today I attempted to find a map of Jerusalem to use for a visual presentation, but did not find any images in The Bible Knowledge Commentary module. The caption is there directing you to view the map which normally accompanies the commentary at John 5:2 (Pool of Bethesda at the Sheep's Gate). Am I correct in concluding that this module currently is 'text only' or did I fail to look correctly?

Yes, unfortunately we did not receive the images and adding them has been on our to-do list.

Thanks David. It's funny, I've had the BKC for years and until today have never tried to use an image from it. It just happened to be the right "one" I was looking for. It'll be handy to have them in a future update...

• 9 months later...

Bump. I came across this issue while using the BK commentary today. It would be nice to have all of the content.

There are some nice images in the Archeological Study Bible. And, of course, the Bible Lands Photo Guide.

I, too, look forward to getting the images in the BK. The "to do" list at Accordance must be very long, indeed. We keep asking for more! Well, in this economy, there's something to be said for job security!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just following up here from another thread regarding graphics in the Life Application Bible.

It has been more than two years since David commented that adding graphics was on the to-do list.

Any progress?? I suspect not…

There are some nice images in the Archeological Study Bible. And, of course, the Bible Lands Photo Guide.

I, too, look forward to getting the images in the BK. The "to do" list at Accordance must be very long, indeed. We keep asking for more! Well, in this economy, there's something to be said for job security!

Julie, I've been wanting to buy the Archeological Study Bible for a while now but all this talk about missing content (graphics) has made me rethink the purchase... could you let me know if the Accordance version of the ASB does have the full set of graphics? Thanks

David –

I do not have this Bible in print form to compare with the Accordance version. I will say that the Accordance version is beautiful. It's loaded with photos, timelines, charts. Lots of sidebars, too. There are photos of places and photos from museums. This is a beautiful Bible, and the Accordance team did a superb job on this module. I cannot imagine that it's missing anything from the print version.

The focus is archeology (and culture). The notes for the verses are nowhere near as extensive as the ESV Study Bible, but you wouldn't expect them to be. I wouldn't not want this to be my only study Bible. But it does what it's designed to do – gives you background and context, a look into a world that no longer exists.

I hope this gives you enough info to make your decision. There's a very good review by John Fidel here.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all the info! I have the print version, back home, and I miss it so much... so that's great hearing how much you like it! I think I'll definitely be getting it...!