Accordance 11 on Windows crashes a few seconds after launching

Jon Falkenstein

I'm on Windows 7 and just downloaded and installed Accordance 11.

When I launch it, after a few seconds of it being open, it crashes and just disappears. No error message, nothing. Just disappears after a few seconds.

Are others having this problem?

Hi Jon,

You can call us in support at 407-339-0266, email us at support@accordancebible.com, or Skype us at: oaktreesupport Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Eastern.

Our first guess would be that you may have gotten an incomplete executable file and you should get a new one and run it, however, you can download 'Teamviewer' from www.teamviewer.com (it's free and fast) and then leave your computer on with Teamviewer running and send us your Teamviewer user ID and password and one of us can get on your computer and check this out for you if would like.

Best wishes,

Billy

Thank you for responding. I will likely call soon if I keep having problems. I saw a similar post in the Bug Swatters forum and it turns out that unlinking from Dropbox and deleting the Accordance dropbox files has made Accordance more stable. However, I have found that Accordance has still quit after several minutes now multiple times (not seconds, so I can at least use it a little).

It has crashed when using the research, when I had just finished modifying preferences, and now after I installed module updates.

Each time there's no error message, it just closes.

I have exactly the same problem having just installed!

Sorry I should have said Windows 8.1

I resolved this by completely uninstalling and deleting all content and starting from scratch downloading all my content and it now works!

I have the same problem. But uninstalling and reinstalling hasn't helped. Is there a fix to the bug or should i just revert to accordance 10 for now until an updated version?

Jim

Jim, are you running Accordance 11.0 or the recently released 11.0.1?

Just tried again using revo uninstaller, which deletes everything it can find about accordance from disk and registry. then reran installer. It is not crashing now.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I tried it on my PC and on my Notebook. Both with Windows 8.1.

Installfile Accordance 11.0.2 (new downloaded before the second trial)

There was no Accordance-versions on the computers before installing.

Joachim

Please be sure NOT to link to Dropbox in the SetUp Assistant, as this causes a crash on some Windows computers.

I guess it would be better to disable this option in Windows during the Setup Assistant, until the bug is fixed (unless it's already fixed for the upcoming version).