Syntax Module Locations

xcfamily

I am running Accordance 11. I have Greek texts GNT28-T, GNT-T and Hebrew texts HMT-W4, BHS-W4. I have bought the syntax modules for both the Greek and Hebrew. I have the following syntax modules in the following locations...

GNT-TSyntax.accord - documents/accordancefiles/

GNT-T.syntax - (User)Library/Applicationsupport/accordance/glossfolder

HMT-W4.syntax - (User)Library/Applicationsupport/accordance/glossfolder

I can access the syntax modules when I use the GNT-T and the HMT-W4 but I can't access the syntax modules for the GNT28-T or the BHS-W4 even though I am pretty sure I have done all the free upgrades. My EasyInstall shows that I have everything install that I have purchased and I have no upgrades available.

What texts should have syntax capabilities and where should the syntax modules be located for Accordance to access them?

Thanks,

Mark

I just upgraded and now have the GNT28-T.syntax module. Is there still a module that goes with the BHS-W4? Also, all the syntax modules are being placed in above "gloss folder". What is GNT-TSyntax.accord module used for? There is not a similar module for the GNT28-T.

Again, Thanks!

If memory serves correctly, the GNT-T.syntax module is the old one for the GNT-T (which contains the tagged text but not apparatus of NA27), and is not being updated any more (Helen can confirm), whereas GNT28-T.syntax is current (and is being updated) and goes with the GNT28-T, the tagged text of NA28 (but without apparatus).

HMT-W4.syntax goes with the HMT-W4 Hebrew text in Accordance.

Is there still a module that goes with the BHS-W4? Also, all the syntax modules are being placed in above "gloss folder". What is GNT-TSyntax.accord module used for? There is not a similar module for the GNT28-T.

Again, Thanks!

Hi,

yes there is a module that goes with the BHS-W4, but we have left that particular text behind a long time ago now, and offer a free upgrade to the HMT-W4 text. The BHS-W4 syntax hasn’t been updated since April 2012 and so only has the syntax trees for a small fraction of the BHS-W4 text. The syntax modules are in the gloss folder, that’s where Accordance will look for them.

GNT-TSyntax.accord will add (now well out-of-date syntax trees to the GNT-T text

in my gloss folder I have

BHS-W4.syntax

GNT-T.syntax
GNT28-T.syntax
HMT-W4.syntax
so there should be one there for GNT28-T if you have purchased and Easy Installed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help!!