• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 JamesBB

JamesBB

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:51 AM

I've installed Accordance with Leopard and there are no issues with the main programme BUT the widget doesn't work. I've tried downloading and installing fresh copies of it but you can't (a) turn the widget round to set preferences (no information button appears to click) and typing a reference into the box does nothing at all.

Any thoughts anyone?

Many thanks

James

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,246 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:14 AM

We have not been able to test and debug the widget yet. Do your other widgets work? Mine didn't on the beta version of Leopard.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 techmate

techmate

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:18 AM

Im running leopard and was able to turn around the widget. What I noticed in the AccUpdater, is that there was an update available and I chose to update. Its just hanging on "Installing..". Its been like that for several minutes without a change.

#4 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

What James described sounds a lot like what happened with the widget when the first beta version of Safari 3 was released.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#5 JamesBB

JamesBB

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

The AccUpdater widget doesn't work either, and some other widgets don't (though quite a few do)...nothing seems to make them work, I've tried reinstalling, restarting, repairing permissions and all the usual stuff but nothing.

#6 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

James,

What type of Mac are you using, PPC or Intel? Give us some more info about your setup. I am running 10.5 now on my Intel iMac and my widgets both work great.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#7 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

Joel,
Have the widgets been rebuilt using Dashcode? That would be a must I would think.

The applescripts that the widget uses almost certainly need to be rewritten based upon changes in Applescript 2.0. For one, Applescript has deprecated the Unicode text class and the string class; Applescript is now fully unicode! woo hoo
Several changes might have rendered the scripts error prone. See the release notes here:

http://developer.app...ript/index.html

I don't have Leopard yet (gimme a couple weeks), so can't help test.
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#8 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Joe. I need to revisit Dashcode, but last time I looked, it seemed to be inapplicable to the widgets. Both widgets are doing things far above and beyond what even the dashboard is supposed to be doing, and even Dashcode can be a little to simplistic for normal widgets. I highly doubt moving to Dashcode would be any sort of necessity as despite its existence, widgets are still essentially webpages. However, the problem could lie in the update to Applescript 2, so I will be sure to dive into that.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#9 JamesBB

JamesBB

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

James,

What type of Mac are you using, PPC or Intel? Give us some more info about your setup. I am running 10.5 now on my Intel iMac and my widgets both work great.

I'm using a new 2.4Ghz iMac with 2Gb. The widgets do sometimes now have a little more functionality. I got AccupDater to work once before hanging and the Accordance Widget itself did allow me to access the settings via the little 'i' once but then I couldn't use the dropdown menu to access versions and clicking 'Done' didn't do anything. So essentially still no functionality. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

James

#10 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

Joel,
You're right about Dashcode. I think what I meant to say is that if the widget is rewritten to build in Dashcode, it should take care of issues it's currently having. Developing outside of Dashcode at this point, you may be hard-pressed to find the errors that are occurring.
What JamesBB is describing doesn't sound like the problem lies with one of the scripts.
The scripts will be easy to test pulled out into a script editor outside of the Widget. (I recommend Smile as an AS development tool.)
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#11 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

I'm getting some strange characters when viewing verses in the widget in Leopard. I've attached a screenshot.

Attached Files

Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#12 rinodattilo

rinodattilo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

Oh I am missing my widget :(

Joel, the redraw issue on the widget is better with 10.5.1 - but it still doesn’t flip or work.

#13 Wayne Brissette

Wayne Brissette

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:38 AM

What I've discovered on an Intel MacBook Pro is that when the Accordance widget is made active, all other widgets become unresponsive. Here is what the console reports:

11/17/07 6:22:11 AM DashboardClient[228] (com.oaktree.widget.Accordance) undefined: Out of memory (line: 0)

11/17/07 6:22:11 AM DashboardClient[228] (com.apple.widget.worldclock) undefined: Error: Out of memory (line: 0)

The minute you close the Accordance widget, the other widgets become responsive again and the messages in the console go away. Ironically, the updater widget seems to work fine for me and even updated some very old modules I had installed.

Wayne

#14 Scott W. Kay

Scott W. Kay

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

What I've discovered on an Intel MacBook Pro is that when the Accordance widget is made active, all other widgets become unresponsive. Here is what the console reports:

11/17/07 6:22:11 AM DashboardClient[228] (com.oaktree.widget.Accordance) undefined: Out of memory (line: 0)

11/17/07 6:22:11 AM DashboardClient[228] (com.apple.widget.worldclock) undefined: Error: Out of memory (line: 0)

The minute you close the Accordance widget, the other widgets become responsive again and the messages in the console go away. Ironically, the updater widget seems to work fine for me and even updated some very old modules I had installed.

Wayne

For what it's worth, I could have posted the EXACT same thing. I have a 17" 2.4 Ghz MBPro and the Accordance widget makes all other widgets inactive, and it is inactive itself. I also get the same logs in the Console, and my CPU's run at 70-100% as long as it is on the Dashboard. For now, I'm just waiting on a fix from Accordance before I use that widget. The AccUpdater works fine though. And like you reported, the everything works fine again when I take that main Accordance widget off the Dashboard.

So, I just wanted to add my experiences to the list here so the good folks at Oak Tree could see it.

Edited by Scott W. Kay, 18 November 2007 - 02:35 PM.

#15 slunning

slunning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

We have not been able to test and debug the widget yet. Do your other widgets work? Mine didn't on the beta version of Leopard.

Okay... Is a fix in the works? Any news on an new release?

#16 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

We are working on it, hope to release within a week.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#17 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

We are working on it, hope to release within a week.

Great news! Looking forward to seeing it show up on the website.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#18 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

I've posted below a possible release candidate for the Leopard-capable AccUpdater widget. The other one is on the way, but if all ye Leopard-savvy folks want to give this a rundown before the official release and let me know of any problems, that would be great!

AccUpdater 2.1.4 Zip download
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#19 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:51 PM

Worked perfectly for me. OS X v10.5.1. Updated two out-of-date modules.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#20 Justin Burt

Justin Burt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Backpacking, and Traveling.

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:34 AM

Works great for me as well.
Justin Burt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users