• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

In Dr J'S 29th June podcast on The Library Window, he showed three library windows as set up by three different users. In the window as organised by user, Sean Reed, there was a folder titled Prefaces and Intros. I have always found prefaces and introductory sections of the various modules to be very interesting and useful but have difficulty in showing them on screen, much less collecting them into a folder.

Judging by the Sean Reed example it would appear that I am missing something. Can anyone enlighten me as to how this is done?

Mike

#2 mikes

mikes

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

I couldn't identify what you were referring to in the podcast, but I can tell you that "Prefaces and Intros" most likely refers to bible intros and similar modules (e.g. "Bible Introduction", "KJV Preface", "BBE Intro", "WEBSTR Intro", "Berkhof-NT Intro", "Carson et al.-NT Intro").

What I believe you are looking for needs to be compiled or created in a user tool. I tried to get this effort kick started into a community effort this up on a slow forum day previously (see this topic).

In there, I include sections like the "About This Text..." section, a description, parts from Readme module, and my own notes.

I would be happy to revive and share this effort (I'm a little further along and now out of texts and into tools).

I hope this helps!

Mike

#3 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

The modules in my Prefaces and Intros folder are simply the introductions or prefaces to various Bible modules (such as the KJV Preface, BBE Intro, etc.).

Sean
Sean Reed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users