Accordance 11...how far along?

tony10000

I know that Oak Tree won't give us a release date for Accordance 11, but is it still in Alpha or has it been released to beta? Is the beta testing pool open or is it closed?

Will there be an open beta prior to release? And how far away from RC status?

I doubt there will be an open beta, and we don't ever publish our release schedules. But I'm glad you are interested!

• Like 1

Accordance website was down earlier today, so I naturally assumed it was being updated for the launch of version 11. But no. :(

Tony, as far as anything Accordance has said in public communication, the first announcements of Accordance 11 said "late October," FWIW.

I hope it's on schedule. The sneak peeks look great.

• Like 1

Well, then, 6 days left if it is on schedule. My guess is that it will be released on Reformation Day :-)

• Like 1

Well, if a delay is inevitable, I hope Oak Tree would at least consider expanding the beta group or even doing an open beta so that more folks have a chance to bang on it a bit and discover bugs, resulting in a better final release,

As Logos 6 has launched, it would be nice to get a complete list of new features of Accordance 11 instead of incremental feature reveals.

• Like 1

I'm sure there will be a complete feature list when the program is released.

I understand...I just think it would be a good move for Oak Tree to "let the cat out of the bag" since dollars are now being spent. There may be some people who might consider making the jump over to Accordance rather than upgrading their package to L6.

Edited by tony10000
  • Like 2

Soon..., and it will be worth the wait.

• Like 1

Accordance 11 will be one more louder than most blokes, you know, who will be playing with Accordance 10.

Edited by Joe Weaks
  • Like 1

As Logos 6 has launched, it would be nice to get a complete list of new features of Accordance 11 instead of incremental feature reveals.

Hopefully Accordance's launch will go smoother their website was completely down hard to get any info on it till today.

-Dan

Probably had something to do with changing things over...in any case, it will be an exciting fall/winter for electronic Bible study!

• Like 1

That it will not too sure if I am upgrading to 6 or not. I almost didn't upgrade Accordance, but I am 100% sure the 11 will be worth it for me, 6 remains to be seen. As one person intimated over there a whole lot of flash they don't want.

-Dan

I did upgrade to 6 and loving it. Cant wait for Accordance 11.

That's good to hear...

I just got an iPad two days ago, and due to various software and server problems at Logos, I have not been able to access my library on this device. On the other hand, Accordance loaded without any problems. Makes me want to say Hmmm...

Moral of the story: Flashy software means nothing if you can't access your library!

• Like 4

And Accordance lets you put all your personal books on your iPhone/iPad.. you cannot do that yet with them (and no time soon either, although they will sync smaller personal books to other desktop machines you own). As nice as somethings there are the speed of their mobile app compared to Accordance is night and day.

-Dan

I was a Logos user before coming to Accordance and made the switch because of all the development problems and broken promises from Logos. I still use it because of the great prices on their community offerings that I can add to my library for research purposes but for Bible study Accordance is my choice. When I found out about logos 6 I was surprised that they would release a new verison again without ever completing the last one. On top of that their costs to upgrade are just ridiculous, for $90 you get basically nothing in new datasets/features and bunch of worthless resources that no one really needs or can use for serious study. The next jump takes you into hundreds of dollars to move from L5 to L6. Not going to happen. So, I'm with the rest of these guys and gals, can't wait to see what Accordance 11 can do for my $49 upgrade price. Thanks Oak Tree/Accordance staff and developers.

• Like 5