Upgrading from 9.6.8

indychris

I'm slightly confused about the upgrade process. On the upgrade page it states

Previous Accordance users can upgrade to version 11 for just $59.90 ($49.90 for users of version 10) by purchasing the Starter Collection.

But then the page goes on to say:

This option will give you access to all the great new features and updates in Accordance 10 while keeping your current library of Accordance modules.

When I navigate to the upgrade page, I see this:

Starter Collection (Accordance 11)
Category: Primary Collections | Minimum Acc Version: 10
I am a user of the Premium edition of 9.6.8. Do I just purchase the v.11 upgrade and then I'm done with it, or do I need to somehow upgrade to 10 and then again to 11?
Thanks for the help.

Yes, just the Starter will upgrade your current modules and add a few. If you want to expand your library, choose a higher collection now or later.

Just to make what Helen said a little clearer. my understanding is that to upgrade from 9.x.x to 11.0, you only have to purchase the Starter upgrade v11 (as a minimum). There is no need to upgrade to v10 first.

Okay, where am I going wrong...??? <banging head>

I purchase v. 11 and get this confirmation e-mail that seems to clearly indicate that all I have to do is choose easy install to upgrade from v. 9.x. I am currently running 9.6.8. When I attempt to run the V.11 installer via 'easy-install', I get a message showing the v. 11 installer grayed out with a message saying "requires v. 10 to install".

Here's a copy of my e-mail:

http://www.indy-archer.com/forums/accordance/accordance_v_11_email.gif

And here is what I'm seeing on my mac:

http://www.indy-archer.com/forums/accordance/accordance_easy_updater.png

Sorry for the mix-up. Easy Install is used for installing modules.

Click on the Accordance-installers link in the email to install the program, then run Easy Install again and install the modules.

post-29215-0-49509600-1415820852_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Jenney

I have a question along the same lines as this upgrade question. I want to upgrade from Accordance 10 Ultimate Collection to Version 11. I understand I can do this for $49. My confusion is: when I click on custom upgrade it says the cost is $186 based on what I own. My confusion is I do not see a list any where that tells me what is added to my Ultimate Collection for this additional price overt the upgrade of $49.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff, sorry about the confusion! We wanted to give the very best options to our users, but unfortunately this sometimes can be a bit overwhelming.

To simply upgrade the program and get all of the new features, you can pay $49 - simple as that.

To upgrade the program and keep up your 'Ultimate' level - that is, to go to the 11 Ultimate Collection, as you saw you have a custom upgrade price. Just below that custom upgrade price is a link to 'Click Here' for a full listing of the modules you'll receive. (see attached picture for an example).

Does this help?

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 2.14.43 PM.png

Sorry for the mix-up. Easy Install is used for installing modules.

Click on the Accordance-installers link in the email to install the program, then run Easy Install again and install the modules.

No problem. I appreciate the help.