Trouble Importing Sirach as a User Bible

Brett K.

I have imported a few user bibles so I'm relatively proficient at it. But I'm having problems with Sirach.

Sirach has a weird verse numbering scheme at the beginning so I'm following the NRSV verse numbering (see screenshot). It starts with Sirach 0:1 and goes to Sirach 0:35 in increments of 5.

post-734-0-60946800-1350947712_thumb.jpg

Also Sirach 1 has no verse 21--in any translation.

post-734-0-85999300-1350947725_thumb.jpg

So I have my text to import using the verse numbers exactly like the NRSV. I keep getting the error message "There are too many verses in the chapter before '2:1'."

Any ideas?

Thanks

--

Brett

Accordance 10.0.5

Mac OS X 10.6.8

MacBook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

Someone else can help correct me, as I am no expert on User Bible Import of the Apocrypha, but from what I understand, imported texts need to follow KJV versification, which I assume would also apply to the Apocrypha. Looking briefly at my KJVA vs NRSV, the versification is slightly different, so I wonder if you can try using KJVA verses instead?

Actually, I think that for the Apocrypha the standard is the RSV/NRSV, but Sirach is such a mess that it isn't even supported.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple years ago I needed to use Sirach in Accordance. No matter what versification I tried, I could not get it to work as a user Bible. However, I did get Sirach to work as one of the other user module types. Those appeared to be more forgiving than the Bible format. The features may be limited, but it did work for simple lookup and synchronization. I don't remember much else of the details on exactly how I did it. But, it did work enough for what I needed it.