how to rename a tab

Steve Lo Vullo

Hi:

It's been a while since I have done this. What key combination do I use to rename a tab?

Thanks,

Steven Lo Vullo

Menu: Window/Set/Name... ⌥⌘N (Option Command N)

Hard to find in the menus, but don't forget the Contextual Menus. Right Click on the tab and you see right there how to set the name and the key combo.

Menu: Window/Set/Name... ??N (Option Command N)

Hard to find in the menus, but don't forget the Contextual Menus. Right Click on the tab and you see right there how to set the name and the key combo.

I'd like to go one step further - so that the citation is changed. The tab can remain with the original name as that doesn't present a problem.

For example if I paste a verse with citation (Ruth 1:6 NIV-G/K) - I'd prefer it to read simply (Ruth 1:6 NIV). When it is pasted into sermon notes it is irrelevant whether it came from the tagged version of the NIV or the non-tagged version. It would help keep my sermon notes a bit tidier too!

In WORD I can tidy up using FIND "-G/K" and REPLACE with nothing

As far as I know the NIV module and NIV-G/K have identical English texts - I have both modules but only have the tagged version on my laptop. The hard drive is not really big enough for everything!

For example if I paste a verse with citation (Ruth 1:6 NIV-G/K) - I'd prefer it to read simply (Ruth 1:6 NIV).
John,

You're right that the solutions can be found in Word's features. If this is something you do alot, I'd suggest recording a simply couple line Word macro that first removes the "-G/K" from the text on the clipboard and then pastes it. You could save that to key combo Control V and just remember to paste that way anytime you were pasting in a scripture Citation from Word. If you want help with a macro, let me know.

Depending on how you're working (working in Accordance texts and occasionally pasting in a Word document or working mostly in a Word document with the occasional flip to Accordance to look up a verse) there are additional speedy solutions.

By the way, since this request is unrelated to the tab-name-change issue, I'd suggest starting a new topic in the future to that you'll get more responses.

Tis a braw brich moonlich nich tonich!

Joe

Thanks Joe - I posted under the "Rename Tab" heading as it seemed logical to have the "Tab Name" the same as the "citation" for pasted text. Perhaps they could be linked in a future update of Accordance.

I've not tried writing Word macros - I can manage with a FIND / REPLACE before a final save and print of the sermon.

Archived