12 replies to this topic

#1 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

You have one more day to register for this webinar on Feb 3. Although the focus is on getting the most out of the very popular ESV Study Bible, the methods demonstrated will be useful and applicable to all tools, particularly Reference tools like Commentaries and other Study Bibles.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:12 AM

In this webinar, we will be covering the ESV translation, its reference tools (ESV notes and ESV cross-references) and the ESV Study Bible itself. This session will also demonstrate the new Key Number Highlighting available with the ESVS module and show users how to set up a Favorite Workspace.

International [non-US/Canada] attendees may also be able to use local call-in numbers [Click "Show all global call-in numbers" in the "Info" pane once you have logged into the meeting.]. Alternately, you may choose to call the US number inexpensively using your Skype account, though such a call will use some of your available bandwidth. If neither of these options appeals to you, remember that you may always ask questions and offer feedback using WebEx's text chat feature.

See you soon! :)

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

Feel free to comment on or ask questions about the ESV Study Bible webinar here, whether you have watched it live (2/2/09) or downloaded it and watched it at your convenience. I'll do my best to respond to your questions—or at least find someone who knows the answer! ;)

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

#4 DanG

DanG

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the seminar. I appreciate your prep. time to maximize the effectiveness and amount of content.

I wasn't able to download the pdf file. It stopped downloading at 147 out of 167. Any chance I could still get it somewhere?

Thanks,
Dan

#5 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the seminar. I appreciate your prep. time to maximize the effectiveness and amount of content.

I wasn't able to download the pdf file. It stopped downloading at 147 out of 167. Any chance I could still get it somewhere?

Thanks,
Dan

Sorry to hear that, Dan. I hope it wasn't my fault. I logged off at about 2:10 PM. What time did the download fail?

If you'll send me a request at drj [AT] accordancebible.com, I'll send you one personally!

Blessings,
Dr. J

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#6 DanG

DanG

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Thanks! I will!

#7 twilhite

twilhite

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

Feel free to comment on or ask questions about the ESV Study Bible webinar here, whether you have watched it live (2/2/09) or downloaded it and watched it at your convenience. I'll do my best to respond to your questions—or at least find someone who knows the answer! ;)

Dr. J.:

I apologize for not being online this evening. I ended up working, so I did not have the opportunity to attend.

#8 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

Dr. J.:

I apologize for not being online this evening. I ended up working, so I did not have the opportunity to attend.

Sorry to have missed you, though I certainly understand. I trust you'll have an opportunity to join us for another, soon! :)

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#9 Steve R.

Steve R.

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Apologetics, Recovery Ministry, Bicycling, Worship

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

Thanks Dr J for the files for tuesday technology doesn't always give us what we ask for and your moderate attitude helps palliate a otherwise difficult class. Thanks Steve
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Under the Lion's Mane

#10 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Dr J for the files for tuesday technology doesn't always give us what we ask for and your moderate attitude helps palliate a otherwise difficult class. Thanks Steve

Thanks so much, Steve!

Yes, it was frustrating for us all, but I appreciate you staying with the session, slow as it was.

I am thankful we did get a good recording of the afternoon session, you can download the recording here: http://www.accordanc...rt/webinars.php.

Blessings,
Dr. J

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#11 DanG

DanG

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

When I download the file and unzip it I get a ".arf" file. How do you play that? It won't open in QuickTime. (the same is true of BOTH) webinar files.

#12 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

In order to view the files correctly, you need to download the free Network Recording Player, found on our Webinar Information page. You see at the bottom of the page the links to download the player, in addition to links to these forum topics about each webinar.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#13 DanG

DanG

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

I just didn't scroll down far enough. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users