Widget Question

xcfamily

I am running Accordance 9.5.3 and have the 1.6.5 widget installed. When I try to auto insert into Microsoft Word using the GNT-T the font is all messed up. It still stays messed up even if I highlight the inserted portion and change the font in Word to Helena. Is this a known problem? I did a search and couldn't find it in the forums.

Can you post a screenshot of how the font looks after pasting?

Luke 1:1 ¶ ?πeid?πer πollo? ?πece?rhsan ?nat?xasqai di?ghsin πer? t?n πeπlhroforhm?nwn ?n ?m?n πragm?twn,

Luke 1:2 kaq?V πar?dosan ?m?n o? ?π? ?rc?V a?t?πtai ka? ?πhr?tai gen?menoi to? l?gou,

Luke 1:3 ?doxe k?mo? πarhkolouqhk?ti ?nwqen π?sin ?krib?V kaqex?V soi gr?yai, kr?tiste Qe?file,

Luke 1:4 ?na ?πign?V πer? ?n kathc?qhV l?gwn t?n ?sf?leian.

Luke 1:5 ¶ ?g?neto ?n ta?V ?m?raiV ?r?dou basil?wV t?V ?ouda?aV ?ere?V tiV ?n?mati Zacar?aV ?x ?fhmer?aV ?bi?, ka? gun? a?t? ?k t?n qugat?rwn ?ar?n ka? t? ?noma a?t?V ?lis?bet.

Luke 1:6 ?san d? d?kaioi ?mf?teroi ?nant?on to? qeo?, πoreu?menoi ?n π?saiV ta?V ?ntola?V ka? dikai?masin to? kur?ou ?memπtoi.

Luke 1:7 ka? o?k ?n a?to?V t?knon, kaq?ti ?n ? ?lis?bet ste?ra, ka? ?mf?teroi πrobebhk?teV ?n ta?V ?m?raiV a?t?n ?san.

Luke 1:8 ¶ ?g?neto d? ?n t? ?erate?ein a?t?n ?n t? t?xei t?V ?fhmer?aV a?to? ?nanti to? qeo?,

Luke 1:9 kat? t? ?qoV t?V ?erate?aV ?lace to? qumi?sai e?selq?n e?V t?n na?n to? kur?ou,

Luke 1:10 ka? π?n t? πl?qoV ?n to? lao? πroseuc?menon ?xw t? ?r? to? qumi?matoV.

I installed 9.5.4 and I still have the same problem. I tried auto insert with BHS-W4 into Microsoft Word and it has the same problem. I tried again to see if there were any other reports about this on the forum but I couldn't find any. I did read some stuff about unicode fonts issues with Word, but I am not sure that applies to this. Anyone have any ideas?

The widget automatically pastes in Unicode. Did you try the Paste Special options in Word?

The special paste options in Word do not change anything. I can highlight and copy from Accordance and then paste into Word without to much trouble. I usually have to highlight what has been pasted into Word and then change the font to the appropriate Accordance font because Word usually will not select the right font. But once that is done, what I pasted into Word looks the same as what was in Accordance.

However, none of this works when I use the widget. Whatever the widget pastes can't be fixed in Word even if I change fonts. The above example is GNT-T. The below example is BHS-W4.

Gen. 1:1 ?·∆Ÿ¯Õ‡÷œ?È˙†·∆À¯À?‡†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆‡Õ?˙†‰Ã÷∆ÀÓÃ?Ȝ̆Ÿ‡Õ?˙†‰À‡À?¯Œı∫

Gen. 1:2 ?Ÿ‰À‡À?¯Œı†‰ÀÈŸ˙À?‰†˙›?‰Â∆? ÂÀ·›?‰Â∆†ÂŸÁ›?÷ŒÍŸ†ÚÃÏ?Ù∆ŸÕ?Ȇ˙Ÿ‰?›̆Ÿ¯?Â∆ÁƇ€Ï›‰œ?È̆ӟ¯ÃÁŒ?ÙŒ˙†ÚÃÏ?Ù∆ŸÕ?Ȇ‰ÃÓ∆À?ÈœÌ∫

Gen. 1:3 ?ÂÃÈ∆›?‡ÓŒ¯†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆ȟ‰œ?Ȇ‡?›¯†ÂÃ?ÈŸ‰œÈ?‡?›¯∫

Gen. 1:4 ?ÂÃÈ∆Ã?¯Ÿ‡†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆‡Œ˙?‰À‡?›¯†Î∆œÈ?Ë?›·†ÂÃÈ∆÷Ÿ„∆Õ?φ‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆·∆Õ?ÈÔ†‰À‡?›¯†Â∆·Õ?ÈÔ†‰ÃÁ›?÷ŒÍŸ∫

Gen. 1:5 ?ÂÃÈ∆œ˜Ÿ¯À?‡†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆ˇ†ÏÀ‡Â›¯? È?›̆ŸÏÃÁ›?÷ŒÍŸ†˜À?¯À‡†ÏÀ?ÈŸÏÀ‰†ÂÃ?ÈŸ‰œÈ?ÚŒ?¯Œ·†ÂÃ?ÈŸ‰œÈ?·›?˜Œ¯†È?›̆‡ŒÁÀ?„∫†Ù

Gen. 1:6 ?ÂÃÈ∆›?‡ÓŒ¯†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆ȟ‰œ?Ȇ¯À˜œ?ÈÚÆ·∆Ÿ˙?›͟†‰ÃÓ∆À?Ȝ̆œȉœ?ȆÓ÷Ÿ„∆œ?Èφ·∆Õ?ÈÔ†ÓÃ?Ȝ̆ÏÀÓÀ?ÈœÌ∫

Gen. 1:7 ?ÂÃÈ∆Ã?ÚÃ◊†‡€Ï›‰œÈÌ? ‡Œ˙?‰À¯À˜œÈÚÃ? ÂÃÈ∆÷Ÿ„∆Õ?φ·∆Õ?ÈÔ†‰ÃÓ∆Ã?ÈœÌ? ‡⁄÷Œ¯? Óœ˙∆Ã?ÁÃ˙†ÏÀ¯À˜œ?ÈÚÆÂ∆·Õ?ÈÔ†‰ÃÓ∆Ã?Ȝ̆‡⁄÷Œ?¯†ÓÕÚÃ?φÏÀ¯À˜œ?ÈÚÆÂÃ?ÈŸ‰œÈ?ÎÕ?Ô∫

Gen. 1:8 ?ÂÃÈ∆œ˜Ÿ¯À?‡†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆ÏÀ?¯À˜œ?ÈÚÆ÷ÀÓÀ?Ȝ̆ÂÃ?ÈŸ‰œÈ?ÚŒ?¯Œ·†ÂÃ?ÈŸ‰œÈ?·›?˜Œ¯†È?›̆÷Õœ?È∫†Ù

Gen. 1:9 ?ÂÃÈ∆›?‡ÓŒ¯†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆Ȝ˜∆ÀÂ?Â∆†‰ÃÓ∆Ã?Ȝ̆Ӝ˙∆Ã?ÁÃ˙†‰Ã÷∆ÀÓÃ?ÈœÌ? ‡ŒÏ?ÓÀ˜?›̆‡ŒÁÀ?„†ÂŸ˙Õ¯À‡Œ?‰†‰ÃÈ∆÷∆À÷À?‰†ÂÃ?ÈŸ‰œÈ?ÎÕ?Ô∫

Gen. 1:10 ?ÂÃÈ∆œ˜Ÿ¯À?‡†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆ˇ†ÏÃÈ∆÷∆À÷À‰? ‡Œ?¯Œı†Â∆ÏŸÓœ˜ŸÂÕ?‰†‰ÃÓ∆Ã?Ȝ̆˜À¯À?‡†ÈÃÓ∆œ?È̆ÂÃÈ∆Ã?¯Ÿ‡†‡€Ï›‰œ?È̆Î∆œÈ?Ë?›·∫

The above problem is only with the GNT-T and the BHS-W4. The english translations work fine.

Is there another forum that I can post on that may get some more advice on this. I am trying to help a new Accordance user with this problem and I don't know what to advise him. If this is a known problem I just need to know so I can tell him. If not, should I try a reload of Accordance?

I am able to reproduce the issue in Word and Pages (however Mellel works fine). I will forward it on to be addressed. It is not necessary to re-install Accordance.

Thank you.

We've investigated the issue, and unfortunately there really isn't any feasible bug fix. For the combination of MS Word and Lion, it is choosing to grab the wrong information out of the clipboard, rather than the unicode text, and there isn't a reasonable way to automatically work around it. You should be able to paste correctly using Paste Special -> Unformatted text, though. Also copying unicode from Accordance proper should work just fine.

Archived