Safe from "Heartbleed"

Joel Brown

News of the internet vulnerability "Heartbleed" has been rapidly spreading throughout the internet, and we are here to let you know that our servers were patched two days ago, almost immediately after fixes became available. You can test our security with sites such as:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Regardless, you can rest assured that your data and transactions are safe here.

• Like 3

While the patches appear to be applied, the SSL certificate for www.accordancebible.com has not been re-issued. Under the heartbleed bug, the private key for the certificate could have been stolen and should be replaced.

• Like 2

Do we need to change our account passwords or are we OK?

For several hours today it was impossible - at least from this end - to access Accordance web? Was that a part of a regular maintenance or some irregularity? Any reasons to worry ... possible connections to "Hertbleed"? Anyone else had similar problem? As an example, for whatever reason, I still can't access bestcommentaries.com

Any words of wisdom from A - team? Thank you.

Blessed Palm Sunday to all!

Edited by Tomi

The Accordance twitter account said they were doing maintenance on their servers. No reason to worry.

Jonathan, thanks a lot for a very fast feedback!

Yes, the site is up and running now. There were additional patches applied for Heartbleed, but your data is being kept secure. The techs at each point are having their work cut out for them.

Excellent news!

Thanks Helen & ever hard working A-team.

Thanks for the updates! Do we need to change any passwords or are we all OK on that end?

Since we don't store your credit card information, there's really no need to change your password. If stolen, the most anyone could do is download your modules and order more for you.

• Like 1

If it is the same password you use for other sites which have more sensitive data then it is those passwords you would want to change once you know they have been patched.

Thanks Helen for the info. @Steve, I use randomly generated passwords for each site, so it is harder to crack. So for now I should be OK.

If my account was ever compromised, I'd hate for someone to steal access to my resources, but if they did, maybe it'd lead them to the Lord. If they ever did still my account and "purchase" new books for me, at least they'd have access to my wishlist so they know what I want. :-)

Thanks Helen for the info. @Steve, I use randomly generated passwords for each site, so it is harder to crack. So for now I should be OK.

If my account was ever compromised, I'd hate for someone to steal access to my resources, but if they did, maybe it'd lead them to the Lord. If they ever did still my account and "purchase" new books for me, at least they'd have access to my wishlist so they know what I want. :-)

Maybe setting the password to "1234" will better lead you to your goal instead of a randomly generated one. :D

Maybe setting the password to "1234" will better lead you to your goal instead of a randomly generated one. :D

Hee hee. True. :-) For now though, I'll just stick with my secure, randomly generated password. At least it feels good to know we're safe from Heartbleed. I sure appreciate Accordance keeping us informed.