Starting at most recent posts

David Voth

I like the new forums. One thing, though, is that the selecting a thread seems to start at the beginning and not at the most recent post. It would be good if one could have it start at the most recent post again.

David

Actually I guess what I should have said would be not the most recent or last, but the first unread post.

David

I have post something similar on the announcement of the new forums. When you select a topic, the posts begin with the first and go down in chronological order. I would like to be able to reverse that order where the most recent post shows up at the top. I know that is counter-intuitive for some, but if there are several pages of posts you must go to the end and start working backwards.

Like so many others I truly like the visually attractive look of the new forums.

Tony Lawrence

Did you all notice the Go to first unread post button on the top left of the entire topic?

Thanks, I see it now.

David

Also, you can click the little folder icon beside the thread name to go to the first unread post of the thread.

Did you all notice the Go to first unread post button on the top left of the entire topic?

I had not noticed it. Thanks, that is helpful.

Tony Lawrence

Is there a way to set it up to start with the latest posts by default?

We added this feature (from a third party) back in, a few days after the update. Now when you go to the main Forums page you do get the last 5 posts.

Archived