Which folder should hold User Tools?

Dan Wagner

At one time, I think I had two user tool folders due to trying to transfer from one computer to another. Now I only see one folder, and I see everything in the menu listing that should be there, but when I click on a tool, I usually get a dialog box asking me where the tool is. It then displays the missing tool, highlighted in a list. When I click on it, everything is fine. I'm worried that my personal work is not located in the right place, and that I might accidentally lose it.

Hi Dan,

User Tools are usually in a ~/Documents/Accordance Files/User Tools

If it keeps asking for location, it is probably because a prefs file has been corrupted.

Try deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance Preferences/General

(just that file - if you don't know how to find it because your Library is hidden. press CMD-G and then type in ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance Preferences/

then you'll see a few files, one of which is called "General". Trash that and restart Accordance and tell us how you went.

Ok, I deleted the file in preferences called "general" but that didn't work. I notice that the dialog box is looking for the user tools in "shared user tools" instead of in the user tools folder in the documents folder. When I went to the user tools folder in documents, all my user tools seem to be there, but they are also in the shared user tool folder. Hmmm.

The files in Shared.. are from the migration of files from Accordance 8. Any user tool you open and save is in your documents. Do set up a screenshare with our tech support if you cannot resolve this by yourself.