Which Archaeology to Buy for Biblicistic Apologetical Value?

Enoch

I note that some Archaeology modules are on sale by Accordance.

I would appreciate some opinions as to what are the best treatments of Archaeology from the POV of Biblicistic Apologetics (which would support the historicity of the Bible)?

I am interested in both what Accordance sells & what is sold elsewhere, whether in E-text or on paper,

though the impetus for my query is the Accordance sale in progress.

the Archeological Study Bible, hands down.

Thanks Tim (thumbs up to your hands down!).

A study Bible makes me think of a Ryrie or a Scofield Bible with notes added in, & not a lot of substance. So what is the "Bible"? Is it mostly a resource to tell you where to go get the meat? Does it include the whole text of the Bible with notes related to archaeology?

If you're looking for apologetical literature about Biblical Archaeology, anything written by Kenneth Kitchen will meet your demands. And there's also the works of William Fox Albright to consider.

*EDIT*

If you're interested in archaeological works of the opposite nature as well, you ought to look into the literature of Mario Liverani and Israel Finkelstein. That should cover the whole spectrum of the opinions concerning Biblical archaeology.

Edited by Pchris

the Archeological Study Bible, hands down.

Tim, is there any reason to buy this from Accordance instead of as a printed book on paper (at a cheaper price BTW)?

I'll offer my opinion here about why it is better to buy any resource in Accordance rather than a print edition –

When you buy a print edition, you're stuck with whatever Bible version the publisher chooses. You also don't have the advantage of hyperlinks and being able to jump around in the resource without running out of fingers to hold your place(s).

When you buy study Bible notes in Accordance, you can use your favorite version. You can open two copies of the study Bible – one to scroll long with your text and one that is open at a map or article. I'm willing to pay more for the functional advantage of having a resource in Accordance.

• Like 2