Some Accordance Modules Will not Load Into Windows

fmcfee

I am running Windows 7 and the latest Accordance app 10.3.2

The following modules do not load into my windows version

Godet Commentary

NIDBA text

Comfort Text Commentary

The library indicates they are present but they cannot be opened...a dialog box comes up and when I select the module eg NIDBA.atool.acc2...it says wrong file type...I tried changing extention....

It is annoying because when I do a search of all text the dialog box keep coming up "Where is the file for NIDBA text?"...when I select the tool directory and the file it gives an error....so my "work around" is to cancel the dialog box...

This error has occured to the best of my knowledge since I first installed Accordance on WIndows...I just waited before posting..

So any suggestions?

Frank

Why do the modules have a .acc2 and .atool extension? They only need .acc2 if they are not .atool already. Did you download these through easy install, or install them some other way?

Why do the modules have a .acc2 and .atool extension? They only need .acc2 if they are not .atool already. Did you download these through easy install, or install them some other way?

Joel,

I downloaded these when I initially installed Accordance on my windows platform using easy install I think...all the other modules are OK.....but I tried changing the file extension by removing the .acc2(it says this is an old Accordance file type) and it still had an error...I can not reload them from the Accordance website..I tried to and saw no option to reload..I am not sure if I should delete them from the tool directory and copy them from my MAC?....

Thanks for your reply

Frank

Edited by fmcfee

Hi,

I tried deleting the module in windows...copying from my MAC to windows...same result...does not recognize it...I also could not find my Comfort Text commentary module in on my MAC but it does appear in the library and I can open it...

Please help me with these resources...they will not open in Windows..

Thanks

Frank

Edited by fmcfee

This is probably not exactly the help you need but I wonder if the multiple extension thing is in anyway related to http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11313&hl=

Thx

D

Daniel,

Thanks for your reply....I have tried deleting,changing, etc....I also had some issues with workspaces......I guess I will call tech support...

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Were you able to resolve the issue? I purchased a new module (BDAG) and after Upgrading to 10.3.3 I couldn't load my saved workspace anymore that used that module (there's nothing to download on easy install). So the time tweaking the workspace was wasted and I had to open a new one.

Edited by Elijah