10.3.3 User Tool editing shows quotes as ?

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

When editing a User Tool if you type a " or ' you will see a ?. In the display of the tool its correct but in the edit not.

thx

D

Daniel, I can't reproduce this. What font are you editing as?

Hi Joel,

I was using Arial at 9 pt. BTW, perhaps this is significant also but I haven't dug into it yet. I only have a very short list of fonts to choose from, about 6 or 8 I guess. Looks like one, or for English a few perhaps, fonts per original language but that's a guess. If I recall User Notes permits a far wider selection but I'll have to double check this this evening.

Thx
D

Whether or not the full font list is displayed is based on your Preferences -> User Files -> Use default fonts in font menu.

My Arial 9 pt looks just fine for the quotation marks. Is it possible you are using a different keyboard from the English one? Or, do you happen to have the Israeli or Greek polytonic keyboard options checked in the Greek & Hebrew Preferences?

I'm using a US keyboard and I'm pretty sure I double check the prefs and keyboard selection but I will double check carefully tonight.

On the keyboard versus prefs issue, I think I asked this question in another thread somewhere but I'll ask again here. Is there any way to programmatically check that the keyboard selection and the prefs setting are compatible ? I know that weird results can occur if they are not in accord so I've wondered if its possible to alert the user to that condition if it arises.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thx

D

OK Joel, I don't know. I did not have the keyboard confused. I did not have polytonic set and I was using a US Eng keyboard. And of course now, I cannot repro. this.

But the fonts thing is definitely a problem.

If I check the pref you mentioned then both User Tools and User Notes have a very restricted font selection. If I uncheck it then the font selection is very large in User Notes but no bigger than it was in User Tools.

Thx

D