What was in NETS update?

Abram K-J

Thanks for today's NETS update (to 3.0). I'm guessing this is a bunch of typo corrections? Or is there anything else to look out for with the update that just downloaded?

Has any non-staff user noticed anything different in the NETS update? Or any staff that can speak to what went into it?

Edited by Abram K-J

I often thought it might be a good idea to include a brief description of what's been changed in a title update--especially when there are full number changes. I assume that the point changes are usually just typo corrections.

Agreed, Rick! This was a whole number change, not just a dot release, so I thought maybe it was more than typos, but all I could think of is better laid-out poetry in some sections? I haven't necessarily noticed anything missing in that regard in NETS before, although there's a lot of it I haven't read!

In addition to typo and other general corrections, this particular NETS update splits Susanna, Bel, and Epistle of Jeremiah from Daniel and Baruch, respectively.

Typically, on most major (full number) updates, a short description is put on the product page (here).

• Like 1

Great! Thanks! I don't think I saw that on the page the day I downloaded it, but will remember to check again next time. I appreciate the clarification and info.

There was also a correction of the Tobit books which were wrongly assigned between the NETS and NETS2.

The new books will be appearing in the other Septuagint modules as we update them.

• Like 1