bonjour

Fr. Rusty Matheny

iOS will not sink, says I have a Bonjour issue.

Please advise.

Thanks

iOS will not sink, says I have a Bonjour issue.

Please advise.

Thanks

This means the app is having trouble talking over your curent WiFi network. If you are on a WiFi network you have used before then I would try a hard reboot of your iOS device. If you are on a WiFi network you haven't used before it is possible that it is not compatible with Bonjour networking.

The iOS Help pages have some suggestions for working around networking issues when trying to sync with Accordance for Mac.

Scott

This means the app is having trouble talking over your curent WiFi network. If you are on a WiFi network you have used before then I would try a hard reboot of your iOS device. If you are on a WiFi network you haven't used before it is possible that it is not compatible with Bonjour networking.

The iOS Help pages have some suggestions for working around networking issues when trying to sync with Accordance for Mac.

Scott

ok, will try again but, it won't even work on peer to peer.

ok, will try again but, it won't even work on peer to peer.

that got it, thanks so much.

that got it, thanks so much.

something still wrong, have to reboot phone and accordance after ever few modules.

This is very frustrating.

Had all this set up until upgraded phone, now have to do it all again. Should be able to migrate this like anything else imho.

something still wrong, have to reboot phone and accordance after ever few modules.

Had all this set up until upgraded phone, now have to do it all again. Should be able to migrate this like anything else imho.

ok, I give up, will just use another app, this is way to much trouble- does not work correctly.

Don't have time to fool with it.

Thanks

I'm going to need more details than you're providing to have any hope of diagnosing the issue. Why do you have to keep rebooting your Mac or iOS device?

Scott

I'm going to need more details than you're providing to have any hope of diagnosing the issue. Why do you have to keep rebooting your Mac or iOS device?

Scott

Because it will not transfer anything to the iOS device. I set what I want to transfer and either: Nothing happens, it just sits there or, I again get the Bonjour message.

So I close and restart both the iPhone and Accordance on my Macbook.

Restart the process, it finds Accordance, Accordance shows my phone, I click on it, get the resources drop down, select items, click to start transfer- either nothing happens or, I get the bonjour message.

I have cleared the the cache and other areas in iOS settings, have done everything listed in the iOS trouble shooting section, checked my setting on macbook, tried peer to peer.

Worked on this for over an hour before posting anything.

Spent a lot of time getting this all setup on my phone and iPad before, now having to do again-not much fun.

Do appreciate you trying to help but, don't think I am getting anywhere, only got 1 item transferred all evening-smile- lotta work for little reward.

Blessings.

Because it will not transfer anything to the iOS device. I set what I want to transfer and either: Nothing happens, it just sits there or, I again get the Bonjour message.

So I close and restart both the iPhone and Accordance on my Macbook.

Restart the process, it finds Accordance, Accordance shows my phone, I click on it, get the resources drop down, select items, click to start transfer- either nothing happens or, I get the bonjour message.

I have cleared the the cache and other areas in iOS settings, have done everything listed in the iOS trouble shooting section, checked my setting on macbook, tried peer to peer.

Worked on this for over an hour before posting anything.

Spent a lot of time getting this all setup on my phone and iPad before, now having to do again-not much fun.

Do appreciate you trying to help but, don't think I am getting anywhere, only got 1 item transferred all evening-smile- lotta work for little reward.

Blessings.

Dear Scott: Got it working by:

Clearing the iOS cache and then double clicking the home button and completely closing out accordance iOS, then close and re-open accordance on macbook. Then restart iOS, set up transfer and get some of what I want. Once that transfers, close everything out and go through process again.

Sync with mobile device in Accordance has crashed "Accordance on Mac" once, but now have a way to get this done, little by little.

Thanks so much for the help, it's appreciated.

Blessings

Glad to hear you got things up and running, Rusty. And thanks for sending Scott the details. Hopefully we can work towards a diagnosis so that this won't be an issue for other users. We appreciate your patience.

-Darin

You still should not have to do it in multiple attempts. I synced 27gb of modules to my iPad 1 for SBL with no issue.

Can you provide more details on the network as Scott mentioned?

You still should not have to do it in multiple attempts. I synced 27gb of modules to my iPad 1 for SBL with no issue.

Can you provide more details on the network as Scott mentioned?

Standard home Netrwork, same one I used to sync all my Accordance modules with iPad and iPhone last time.

Figured out I was trying to sync too much I guess. As long as I keep it under 30 meg, I can sync without issues or restart. Any modules over that have to be done one at a time. As long as I do that, it works quickly and hassle free.

Dlink router, 10meg down, 1.5 meg up internet connection, not having any network issues with other streaming connections within network.

Did have one module in library that would not sync, always froze sync. It was listed as IVP-NB Commentary.

Hope this helps.

Blessings.

Archived