Hebrew Construct Problem-bug?

Lawson Stone

In Accordance 7.1, if I open a the Hebrew text BHS-W4 then open the New Hebrew Construct window and click on "ROOT" and drag it to a pane in the construct window, Accordance quits and I get the "Accordance has unexpectedly quit" message from OSX. All the other tags in the construct window drag correctly.

I'm running G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.9, 1.5 GB RAM and have never had aproblem with Accordance before other than the famous font problem a couple years back.

Hm... OS X 10.4.9 hasn't been released as of today, so I'm assuming you meant 10.4.8 (unless you're a developer with access to the seeds, in which case this might reflect a bona fide conflict). I tried dragging ROOT to a column in Accordance 7.1 on both a G5 and Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (both running 10.4.8) with no ill effect. Can you check which version of BHS-W4 you're running (Accordance menu > About The Text...)? 4.4.3 is the latest version, which I was running.

Thanks for letting us know. If the Hebrew roots file is not present in the Gloss folder, this action does crash Accordance. We'll fix the bug, but in the meantime you need to find this file and place it in the Accordance folder or the Gloss folder. The 7.1 installer will reinstall the latest version for you.

Thanks for letting us know. If the Hebrew roots file is not present in the Gloss folder, this action does crash Accordance. We'll fix the bug, but in the meantime you need to find this file and place it in the Accordance folder or the Gloss folder. The 7.1 installer will reinstall the latest version for you.

This did the trick. I had consolidated all my "Text" and "Tools" files into two folders (respectively) and moved the Gloss Folder into the Tools folder. Moving it back to the Accordance Folder "root" (for that folder) level fixed it.

And right, I have 10.4.8. Don't know why I said .9. The joys of encroaching senility I guess!

many thanks for the tip!

Archived