Pasting Original Languages and English Together

timothylfox

Is there a way to have Accordance simultaneously paste verses from two different texts? For example, I'd like to be able to paste the following, without having to paste all verses from one text, and then go through and paste individual verses from a second text:

Matt. 8:1 ¶ Καταβάντος δὲ αὐτοῦ ἀπὸ τοῦ ὄρους ἠκολούθησαν αὐτῷ ὄχλοι πολλοί.

Matt. 8:1 When he came down from the mountain, dgreat crowds followed him.

Matt. 8:2 καὶ ἰδοὺ λεπρὸς προσελθὼν προσεκύνει αὐτῷ λέγων· κύριε, ἐὰν θέλῃς δύνασαί με καθαρίσαι.

Matt. 8:2 eAnd behold, a leper* came to him and fknelt before him, saying, “Lord, if you will, you can make me clean.”

Matt. 8:3 καὶ ἐκτείνας τὴν χεῖρα ἥψατο αὐτοῦ λέγων· θέλω, καθαρίσθητι· καὶ εὐθέως ἐκαθαρίσθη αὐτοῦ ἡ λέπρα.

Matt. 8:3 And Jesus* stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, “I will; be clean.” And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

Any ideas?

Tim

Tim, you can print verses from two different texts interleaved like this. Have the texts displayed as parallel panes and displayed as separate verses (rather than as paragraphs). Go into the File menu-->Print Settings and choose None (Interleaved) from the pop-up menu labeled Columns. You'll get a print out that looks like what you're after. If you need to incorporate this into a document, try printing to a PDF in Preview and then copying from the PDF.

Hope this helps.

You can also make a User Group containing the texts you want to paste simultaneously. Then, instead of looking up references in a Search window, do a Reference search of that group in the Search All. Then copy/paste from there. You will, however get the text titles inbetween.

Thanks David and Joel -

David - I was able to get a PDF just like I wanted, but I cannot copy and paste it, as the Hebrew gets totally garbled when pasted into Pages (and Word and Mellel). Any ideas?

Joel - I see that I can display individual verses across different texts (using user groups), but how could I do multiple verses? Really what I'd like to do is search for a word and then show all the Hebrew verses that contain that word, and after each Hebrew hit verse, also display its ESV translation.

Thanks!

Tim