Cantillation marks in Pages

Robb B

I am unable to reproduce the telissa gedola (shift+option+6) in Pages 2 in Yehudit. Is there another key-combination that would work in applications outside Accordance?

No, this is one of the characters that gets substituted in Quartz. You may want to try exporting to Unicode.

While it might be possible to create a new keylayout (e.g., with Ukelele) to modify shift-opt-6 to map to Unicode xF002 instead of Unicode xFB02 (the fl ligature that shows up), the easier thing to do in this case would be to copy and paste the diacritic from this RTF file (I'd attach it to the post but the forum software doesn't allow it).

That worked great copying it out of the RTF file. My question is, How did you get it INTO the RTF file to begin with?? Thanks!

That worked great copying it out of the RTF file. My question is, How did you get it INTO the RTF file to begin with?? Thanks!

I used PopChar--I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but for now, that was the easiest.

• 2 months later...
I used PopChar--I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but for now, that was the easiest.

If you're using OS X 10.2 or later and an application that can take Unicode entry, you can insert this and other glyphs by using the Character Palette, which is found under the keyboard layout ("flag") menu in the menu bar in OS X 10.3 and 10.4 (and which I believe is its own menu bar item in 10.2). If you don't see Character Palette there, make sure it is turned on under your International preference pane.

I think using the Glyph Catalog view (View: Glyph in 10.3 and 10.4) is the easiest way--change the font to Yehudit (or whatever font from which you need to insert an otherwise untypeable glyph) and double click a glyph to insert it at the insertion point in the frontmost window.

This worked for me under OS X 10.4.9 with TextEdit, Mellel, Pages, and NeoOffice.

Archived