25 replies to this topic

#21 Bobblehead Joe

Bobblehead Joe

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Apparently I am in the minority, but I can't stand anything on my MacBook Pro that isn't retina-enabled. It's harder for me to read and it hurts my eyes. Do we have an estimated date for support of this feature? I love Accordance, but I'm afraid it's back to Logos for me until Accordance supports this...

#22 mailjoelee

mailjoelee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

I have a Retina MacBook Pro and the fuzzy fonts in Accordance (10.0.4) are quite difficult for me to read.

Having said that, I know making changes like this take time and resources, so I just wanted to say thanks to all the developers so much for making Accordance such a great program and a blessing to me and many over the years!

#23 jodiemcneill

jodiemcneill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hello everyone,

First-time post... so "G'day" from Australia!

I started using Accordance two or so months ago when I moved across to Mac, and my first Mac was the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

I've got to say it's really, really hard to read the text in Accordance whilst it is not optimised for this new display.

I almost switched from MS Word across to Pages because of this limitation, until MS Office finally released a patch a few weeks ago which fixed the quality of the display of the text (although it still hasn't fully updated all of the buttons and various other screen objects).

My advice to the good folk at Accordance would be that we'd love to have a version that would update the actual text of the modules, even if the icons and other screen objects remained chunky for the time being. It's not a perfect solution, but it would certainly help people in my situation who find the text so difficult to read.

I haven't tried any of the other fixes as suggested, as I'm a bit hesitant to risk destabilising my system.

Hope that's helpful as the team works hard to get things ready to utilise this great new technology.

Grace and peace,

Jodie.

#24 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,570 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi Jodie! Good to see you on the forums. Thanks for the "vote". I am sure the devs are working hard.

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#25 silence12782

silence12782

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Is there an ETA for retina support at least? This is my favorite application but I can't stand the fuzzy letters :(

#26 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Soon. Beta testing is happening now and you can participate if you wish. http://www.accordanc...showtopic=11867

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users