BHS & GNT in the same pane

tlw5560

I am again lobbying for the ability to have the Hebrew Bible and the Greek New Testament in the same window, I keep an original language pane open on my desktop parallel to my preferred English versions. It would be nice for the pane to change to the appropriate Hebrew or Greek text as I reference between the testaments and do word searches. At present you either have to keep two panes open with one being empty or you have to change between Hebrew and greek texts. Obviously, the extra click is not a deal breaker but this seems to me to a much needed improvement that would save space for other tools to occupy. Also, I would like to have a single window that would allow multiple versions to be reference, much like the search all window does. Perhaps an instant details window could be set up to do this so that when you click on a reference same reference in your chosen version would appear. Personally, I would like for there to be a pane (no pun intended).

If anybody else wants this--lobby, lobby, lobby with me.

I remember this was brought up some time ago (I can't find the thread now), and it is something that I would like to see.

I would like it so that you can choose which Greek and which Hebrew texts to use. Perhaps the mechanism already exists in Accordance and just needs tweaked to work for Text Panes. I am referring to the "Set Tool Display" window where the hyperlink section has a "text" and "alternate text" setting. David Lang recently talked about how you can set the tool display for BDAG, for example, to show hyperlinks text in a Greek NT and, as an alternate, in the LXX so that you could see both NT and OT references in the BDAG in Greek.

Could the same sort of system be used in this case? Could a text pane have a "text" and "alternate text" setting that one could set to Greek NT and Hebrew as the alternate or Greek NT and LXX as the alternate (or whatever other combinations a person would want)?

This is definitely on the list for a future feature, but I cannot promise a time or version.

Archived