Links to Files, Pictures, Videos, etc. on Atlas User Layers?

Dr. Nathan Parker

Is there a way to create a link to a file, picture, video, etc., stored on one's hard drive in a User Layer in the Atlas? I've got some neat videos of a Holy Land tour on my computer's hard drive. It would be neat to link to those by creating a User Layer in the Atlas, then if I were teaching a Sunday School class, etc., I could scene launch from the Atlas into one of the videos.

Just curious if that's possible.

Thanks!

Sorry, this is a feature that has been in Accordance for a long time, long before everybody made videos on their smartphones! You can past images but not links. User Tools do support links to external files.

Sorry, this is a feature that has been in Accordance for a long time, long before everybody made videos on their smartphones! You can past images but not links. User Tools do support links to external files.

Sounds good! Any still images I Have I'll add to a User Layer. Any videos I have, I could create a User Tool linking to them, and keep them in a tab or zone next to the map. That'd be still an easy way to get there from Accordance.

Thanks!

Side question: If I select a city on the Atlas, can I amplify to a User Tool from it? Here's what I'm thinking about doing: Create a user tool with links to my video collection, and above each one, put in a heading for the city on the atlas where the video was taken. Then I could select the city on the Atlas, and if I can amplify to a User Tool, amplify to that location in the User Tool and click the video that way.

Thanks!

Yes you can amplify from a selected name in the Atlas to your User Tool, as you can from any other selection.

Perfect. Thanks for the info!