Downloads

Kyle Essary

I was wondering if there are any future plans to increase the availability of downloaded modules. To be honest, I would buy a lot more from Accordance if the modules were downloadable. Call me impatient (you'd be justified in this criticism), but I don't like waiting weeks for a CD to arrive, loading it onto my Mac and then sticking the CD away in a cabinet where it will simply collect dust. I read about modules like the Context of Scripture or the Anchor Bible Dictionary and get interested enough to buy, but don't go through with the transaction because I don't want to wait 6-8 weeks for the CD to arrive (I live in China).

Since these modules are not excessively large is there a plan toward allowing more modules to be downloadable upon purchase? Thanks so much for all that you continue to do, and for considering this option for the future.

Some CD-ROMs cannot be made available for download according to the terms of our contracts with the publishers of the material. In other cases we simply find that a single module on a multi-module CD tends to get ignored, and so it is easier to promote major items on a separate CD, and also to make them available to resellers.

In your case, if the module is not large, we may be able to make it available to you for a private download. This would be a special concession in light of your location and the delivery time.

In these days of instant communication it's hard to recall that early western visitors to the far east took several months to get there, and waited several months for any package or indeed any item of information from home. :)

That's a great point at the end of the note. We often complain about having to travel for 30+ hours when under a century ago it took weeks to get to where we live. Thanks for the quick response! I'll e-mail you with questions about specific modules later this evening when I get a chance. Thanks again.

Archived